Disney+ covered up Daryl Hannah's bare butt in Splash

TV Edit of Repo Man.

1 Like

Yeah, that seems to be ringing a bell.
Was Rep Man known for this because I feel I’ve heard it elsewhere?
Of course there is the generic ‘what the freak’

I can’t help but note that you wouldn’t see everyone’s butts. Only the butt of a young, attractive woman.

I’m sorry, but I can’t get too riled up about this, even if we’re on the slippery slope to covering up that paragon of the celebration of the human body (if those bodies are young attractive females), the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.

Before Netflix etc, so many films were ruined by being made “TV versions”

1 Like

That appears to be the rumor. But I’m not sure where it comes from as there haven’t been any official statements on the subject.

I’m also not sure how that could be enforced, unless Lucas kept some rights. And they’ve been been pretty clear that he didn’t. I just don’t see Disney agreeing to that given the potential money to be made and their long standing obsession with re-releasing and exploiting their back catalog. Too much of their business model is based on the whole “Disney Vault” concept and making live action versions of animated classics.

Mostly Disney has repeated the story of lack of source material, dropped hints, and talked about the messy distribution rights.

1 Like

I hear someone found some blood in a mosquito captured in amber, and now they are working on an island resort; Puritan Park

This is dumb. The pearl clutchers need to clutch 60% tighter, and a bit higher up the strand.

1 Like

The one I feel bad for is Daryl Hannah. All that time spent at the gym and tanning salon to sculpt a butt that looks like it belongs in the Louvre, only to have Disney digitally insert an angry tribble into her ass crack.

6 Likes

That and pooping like owls. Ew.

She was 24 when the movie was released.

Isn’t it more likely that it all came naturally?

Later it may require hard work.

“Give me the keys you fairy godmother!”

-Usual Suspects (TV version)

2 Likes

I was 24 once. I never had an ass like that.

I am confident that even early-20s Daryl Hannah spent a non-trivial portion of her day engaged in physical exercise.

5 Likes

OH yeah, she was Pris. You know, while not my first R rated movie, Blade Runner some how ended up being one of the early R rated movies I saw because somehow it was on late at night on PBS. Glad I saw it when I did and before such pacing would be considered waaayyy too slow. But I was captivated with the various characters like Pris, the eye doctor from Big Trouble in Little China, Larry from Newhart, and Han Solo and his partner who did Origami. Her death scene I found genuinely disturbing yet realistic. (Most movies you get shot, you just fall down and die. I knew from experience that isn’t always the case, but never saw it portrayed on film.)

3 Likes

I’m leaving it!

That’s unfortunate, because that’s how others see it and assume it’s correct and eventually nobody knows what canon means.

#LosingBattle :wink:

And I know who stole their butts!index

3 Likes

Sail, cannon, they are both ship components, so it hardly matters.

1 Like

2 Likes

What about his special edition of JAWS?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.