Disney quietly removes jizz from Star Wars continuity

1 Like

From what I’ve read: Jazz / Jass / Jiss / Jizz … there wasn’t a formalized spelling (or pronunciation) for the name of the music a long time.

2 Likes
3 Likes

John Wayne’s Chisum was all over the big screen in 1970:

(Apparently Goodnight, Loving & Chisum was a real partnership)

1 Like
1 Like

Ok you got me. Max Rebo’s band is the exact same kind of music as the Modal Nodes. I take it all back. (This is all very silly. I’m kinda sorry I tried to make this point)

1 Like

the name that can be named is not the eternal name

1 Like

I know, but jazz thinks that genres are silly too. Don’t forget that the same guy who made this

also made this

6 Likes

Sure, that’s what’s missing from the latest Star Wars movies… all that jizz. 0_o

1 Like

…and this:

1 Like
5 Likes
  • taps the sign *

How many times do I have to tell you people, “A jizz band without a kloo horn should find a new gig,” god dammit.

5 Likes

… or why call mitochondria “midiclorians”

because anything they make up, or just misspell, is a “new thing” they can copyright and trademark :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

so now i’m guessing the mighty mighty clorians are ska? :thinking:

2 Likes

… what can you do with “Sith” then

2 Likes

I thought that was Bob Fosse showing off his jizz hands, then I remembered that’s more Lauren Boebert’s domain.

thank you for posting that, this chill herbie hancock groove is redeeming every second I spent scrolling down this thread feeling vaguely resentful of the fact that I feel like i should have any opinion over Disney depreciating a dumb dirty joke from the behind-the-scenes notes for a 46-year-old space fairy tale.

1 Like

Looks like the canon is inconsistent on that point though I kind of like that concept, it’s a more creative creature design than the one that made it into the movie…

IMG_0169

4 Likes

I don’t think midichlorians are exactly mitochondria. They clearly are plastids of a sort but the name suggests that they may have some similarities with another plastid, the chloroplasts of plants. You might say that’s silly as Force users don’t photosynthesize, but there are real examples of organisms repurposing chloroplasts. Some protists, including the ones causing malaria have a plastid called the apicoplast which is related to the chloroplast but doesn’t have the ability to photosynthesize.

1 Like

Midichlorians are people. People!!!
7bc1c2a5-183f-4538-b90a-ed77e5ceb6b9_text-2905796224

3 Likes