Disney tells Florida to F*** off

yeah, but who knew lint could be so damn dangerous?!

8 Likes

It helps when you can literally print your own money:

20 Likes

just to add to that list, this just in from texas:

they’re telling investment companies they’re required to invest in oil and gas. on all fronts – even the business end of things – the gop’s gone completely off the rails.

35 Likes

They should issue another 1-2 Billion in Bonds RIGHT NOW with a clause that says if paid off early, the bondholders get some huge bonus.

no, I have no idea how things work, but it seemed like a good idea when I started typing.

26 Likes

Don’t be modest, son, that’s executive-level thinking right there! Next time just do the typing part and let the lawyers worry about the “does it work that way” part.

Hell, if I can count on you to help me bury the occasional figurative or literal body, I think we can fast-track you for our corporate leadership program.

34 Likes

Right, I think there was a lot unknown when the first reports came out as well, which just shows how well planned out this action was by the state.

16 Likes

Who would have thunk that Republicans would support higher taxes and attacks on large corporations?
But then again, “fiscal conservatives” have gone the way of Whigs and have been replaced by fascist numbskulls.

21 Likes

right? But that could never be a real thing, especially from “small government” politicians of principle.

They’ve passed a few laws recently that are already in the courts, it seems to be the new action instead of actual policy.

8 Likes

I dislike this business of offloading their failure onto lawyer quality. It’s not lawyers fault you passed this turd without thinking it through.

16 Likes

A dryer that’s on fire, for one…

16 Likes

Some (R) legislators here in FL have openly admitted that the revocation of Disney’s special district is a retaliatory move because Tsar DeSantis had a hissy fit about Disney’s opposition to the FL “Don’t Say Gay” bill.

18 Likes

Thank you Governor - we’ve invested in a jar of petroleum jelly. So we all good?

15 Likes

Amen. What a world…

18 Likes

They’re literally trying to undo the Enlightenment

21 Likes

Genuinely curious what they’d do about/to this, or about/to the people who’ve invested in it.

ETA:

That’s fascism, according to one source. (I mean, you probably figured they’re fascists, anyway…)

15 Likes

whomp-whomp

14 Likes

I literally just LOL’d.

This, too. :laughing:

21 Likes

(insert fave power-what-am) wept.

4 Likes

I was too angry to grin as typed it.

I was gonna compare it to a slug, but that’s just way too hard on slugs.

13 Likes

“Wisdom of a lint ball” totally needs to become a thing. It so perfectly encapsulates the utter lack of forethought that GQP legislators possess.

18 Likes