Disney tells Florida to F*** off

…and it doesn’t lay any BS on any animals. I don’t feel any guilt re: lint.

19 Likes

What’s lint ever done to you? It’s just trying to migrate to the safety of your navel! Plus it has provided a field of study for academics:

9 Likes

It caused two dryer fires in my basement. Is that sufficient?

18 Likes

Fine. But it sounds like the trapped lint was the real victim there.

13 Likes

I can understand increases in property insurance since due to climate change the whole state of Florida will probably be wiped out by hurricanes or rising water levels in the next decades. But wouldn’t this cost be offset by the savings of not having any state income tax?

I think that Florida is a hellscape that shouldn’t exist, but is it really an unaffordable state? Or is that just a symptom of the American dream where those who are wealthy prosper while the majority of the population suffers?

4 Likes

Nothing, he’s a good musician, but he hasn’t gone by that name since his Operation Ivy days.

8 Likes

There’s been a huge influx of new residents over the last two years and housing costs are insane - studio apartments in semi decent areas are going for $1300-1400: 1 bedrooms are $1600 and higher for 40 year old buildings. It’s gone insane the last year.

14 Likes

THIS JUST IN

25 Likes

Florida was the canary in the coal mine for the last housing bubble, too…

23 Likes

Dang, basically it’s California prices now but with the median income being about 26% lower. Ouch.

21 Likes

So basically the Republicans will make a lot of noise about how they’re doing this, and then when the reality sets in (if it hasn’t already), they’ll quietly never actually do it.

That describes almost all the Republican “policy” positions and legislation at the moment. Almost.

14 Likes

So is this some deformed cousin of “too big to fail” coming back home to bite some republican’t ass?

5 Likes

I’m just glad they finally put an end to Disney’s ability to build a nuclear reactor. It looked like after 55 years they might actually have built one.

Or not, hard to keep up with the Facebook experts.

8 Likes

This is our disneytopian future…when progressives cheer for corporatocracy.

Let’s ignore the fascist elephant in the room here.
Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

16 Likes

It’s not like the Republicans are actually opposing corporatocracy here. They simply want to force corporations to run things in accordance with their own bigotry. You know, because fascism.

“If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favourable reference to the devil in the House of Commons.” - Winston Churchill

26 Likes

I’m cheering for whatever small loss is handed out to someone who wants to exterminate my people.

The enemy of my enemy may just be the enemy of my enemy.

24 Likes

LiBuR4lz R teH Re4l f4Scists… /s

17 Likes

O-kay, so what about they just don’t invest in Texas???

1 Like

Our home was almost the victim.

7 Likes