Disney theme parks have a serious problem with cremain-scattering

Cremains? Does this mean craisins are cremated raisins? RIP the California Raisins

4 Likes

What is with people?

(I know I’m asking the wrong guy).

1 Like

I like this, too. I’d be less gauche then smuggling in ashes in compact mirrors.

3 Likes

The more things change…

2 Likes

It should have an Aztec section and require burial but only through sacrifice to the Large Eared God.

1 Like

Like ibuprofen? Loose change? Small screws? Even, for that matter, a little weed?

If you have to make a sweeping overgeneralization, then you already know your point isn’t as good as you’re pretending it is ^^’.

1 Like

Are you hiding it or storing it?

Also you shouldn’t be bringing weed into the park.

1 Like

You go on believing what you like. Morality is nowhere near universal, no matter what anyone cares to insist =).

1 Like

You have to be careful when you scatter cremains…

6 Likes

Wow. Not sure why you think I’m angry. Care to explain, or is it that I disagree with your generalization? If so, perhaps you ought not post in public forums…?

I literally meant, believe what you like; That does NOT, however, oblige anyone else to share your belief in any way; morality is not universal, not even close (ask anyone in the 9 places on earth that still practice cannibalism* xD). Problem?

Personally, I cannot care less — without imploding — if someone sneaks a bit of weed into a Disney park. It’s not like it’s alcohol, which is both actively poisonous AND often the cause of fights/raucous behavior. And guess what? You can buy alcohol at Disney parks!

Yes, really:

It’ll cost ya $25,000 to buy alcohol, however, in Disneyland o.O’:

https://vinepair.com/wine-blog/you-can-gain-entrance-to-the-secret-speakeasy-that-exists-inside-disneyland-for-25000/

*WTF; cannibalism is legal in Germany (as long as you don’t murder anyone to do it)! Wow.

I suppose they now insist that we only refer to it as That Batch of Laser Fried Matter nee Gramps.

no don’t take those man…heeheeeheee…you just took the most grandma i’ve ever seen anyone take.

pretty funny when you think about it. how many dead people are in there by now?

Indeed. Almost priceless.

:notes:it’s a small world after all. :notes::face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Just feed my body into the wood chipper and turn me into mulch, I say.

1 Like

College kids, always clogging up the damn wood chippers!

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, they’ve sold alcohol at Epcot since the 80s, so that’s nothing new, really. The only time I’ve ever seen people drunk/raucous at a Disney park is at the Food & Wine Fest, which for some people (easily spotted by their homemade ‘I’m drinking around the World!’ or “It’s a drunk world after all” shirts) has become a public-drunkenness challenge. The truth is, WDW is a horrible place to get drunk. It’s expensive, the heat and humidity is stifling and awful for much of the year, and it can get terribly crowded. So most people are adults about enjoying a beer with dinner, thankfully.

2 Likes

“But there’s always room for one more.” Maybe some how they’ve enacted a form of Hilbert’s paradox of the Grand Hotel?

I do recall reading somewhere that before the security concerns of the current era, the major reason for bag searches was to look for remains.

1 Like

I’m actually surprised that they let them into the park with those shirts. A friend of mine was not let into the magic kingdom for wearing a shirt with “I didn’t say that she was crazy” on it.

Which was a reference to the old joke about Micky Mouse filing for divorce:
Judge: “So you say that your wife is crazy”
Micky Mouse “I didn’t say that she was crazy, I said that she was fucking Goofy!”

1 Like

I had a long back-and-forth conversation with folks at Disney about this, because some of those shirts are seriously gross, and I had the same reaction you did. They basically said that when it’s just one person, it’s easy to have them turn the shirt inside-out, turn them away, etc, but when you’ve got tons of big groups of 30-40 people with gross shirts, it falls on the folks taking tickets to police everyone’s clothing en masse, and that’s unfair to everyone. It’s gotten bad enough that they’re issuing new rules about it but it’s simply hard to regulate. Personally I think the big Epcot festivals have become family-unfriendly, not because of alcohol, but because of the morons with disgusting, offensive shirts who want to make it their own party.

2 Likes

Störung der Totenruhe: up to three years. Not exactly something I would call legal.

2 Likes