Disney theme parks have a serious problem with cremain-scattering

That’s when they only had 999 happy haunts.

1 Like

NOPE. Right there with ya.

1 Like

I will disagree that it is a horrible place to drink. Back between mid 90s through 2010. Downtown Disney (now caked Disney springs) has a middle island called Pleasure island. You showed IS when getting in and got a wristband. Every ten feet there was a drink cart.

And they were good and strong. All fruity island fun happy drinks sure. Not a nice rye old fashioned or anything. But you got lit fairly quick. And they did not skimp on the alcohol.

It has since gone away but it was pretty anti Disney.

Also to @Bozobub I think posted the announcement that Magic Kingdom now serves alcohol. That was the only theme park that didn’t. All other theme parks had sit down restaurants or on the go spots to get various alcoholic beverages. Just MK was dry up until just recently. So definitely not anything new or shocking.

1 Like

Sorry, I should have been more specific – I meant that Epcot, during the festivals with people in “drunky” shirts, is a terrible place to drink. Too crowded, no shade, few places to sit, hot and humid, screaming babies and strollers everywhere.

Now, the Adventurer’s Club in Pleasure Island was one of my favorite places of all time. A magnificent place to drink that was fun, engaging, relaxing, and felt like a gathering of friends. I miss it greatly.

There’s plenty of lovely places in WDW to get a drink: Dawa Bar in Animal Kingdom, Biergarten, and Trader Sam’s at the Polynesian.

2 Likes

Kongalush! Some of the performers there were brilliant at riffing off of what the audience said.

3 Likes

Agreed fully.

Ragland road in Disney springs was decent. Food was good and the beer selection was quite good.

2 Likes

Oh, for heaven’s sake. What you are “sure of” means little to anyone but yourself. Insistence<>existence, no matter how fervent the presentation. You can stop trying to place words in my mouth; it’s not going to work for you.

My problem with your position is that “morality” is not in any way synonymous with “legality”, and furthermore, isn’t close to universal, especially regarding this very subject. Easy example of the dichotomy between the two concepts: it used to be legal to own slaves and, furthermore, was a felony to free them without the owner’s permission. Would you consider that to be moral…? If so, I cannot agree.

Following my previous example above, I find it MUCH more problematic to allow alcohol in any theme park, than someone sneaking in a morsel of weed. You are, as I previously stated, free to disagree, of course.

I’ll note that I have ascribed no ulterior motives, emotions, or unsaid words to you. I’d appreciate the same respect, if you would.

1 Like

As a one-time janitor (don’t ask), I can confirm this. Women seem to be much more averse to touching anything in the bathroom so the sinks were always soaked and covered with soap from the dispensers, sanitary napkins would be barely shoved into the disposal box which means they would fall out onto the wet floor and… absorb. And there was definitely a lot of “hovering” going on. All of this had a multiplying effect. The first person would hover, dribble pee everywhere and then the next person would have to hover even further away.

I’m not a person who gets too icked-out, but that job didn’t last long.

5 Likes

…Ew. Can’t blame you for bailing on that one.

2 Likes

Yeah, the work could be disgusting, but that didn’t bother me. It was a battery factory and I had to take quarterly blood lead tests. My very first one came up “elevated”. The HR lady said that it was often a mistake at the lab and I had to take a new sample. I didn’t wait for them to return the results. image

3 Likes

Earlier generations knew how to properly take care of things like this. Gives new meaning to “a present from Tom.”

A few tube socks, a bit of string, and grandma is spread out all over the Magic Kingdom.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.