Disney's response to DeSantis' threats? "Pride Night"

I would love to see what kind of park he comes up with.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I’m trying to figure out what identities the Disney characters pictured here are flagging:

• Clarabelle seems to have a fairly generic rainbow pride flag (six-color version).
  • Goofy looks like they’re declaring a genderqueer identity. (Yay! Welcome to the club, Goofy!)
  • Mickey is where I get confused. He almost has a nonbinary pride color pattern, but not quite. Honestly I’m kind of getting more “Doctor Who” out of his outfit than any queer identity by colors. It’s possible, of course, that this is an identity I don’t know by pride colors.
  • Daisy looks like she’s wearing another generic rainbow pride flag theme, although a bit more subtle perhaps.
  • Donald … Well huh. The left sleeve of his jacket (his left, not picture left) is pretty firmly pansexual pride colors. Cool! But then his right sleeve is the plain black and white of the “heteosexual pride” crap that’s worn by bigots feeling deprived of attention. WTF, Donald?!?
2 Likes

hey man this season of “Westworld” is weird :mouse:

3 Likes

I think transparently profit-driven inclusion sends a more powerful message than a massive corporation pretending to take a moral stand. Nobody really believes corporations care about anything else, and it undermines these assholes attempts at claiming to be bravely saying what everyone is secretly thinking - because if that was even vaguely true there’d be more companies pandering to them instead of pissing them off by being “woke”

4 Likes

Ah yes, It was horrible.

3 Likes

Can confirm Tokyo Disneyland is nice and tight this way too

6 Likes

Of the Disney parks I’ve been to, it’s easily my favorite.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.