Do you suffer from latchkey incontinence?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/25/do-you-suffer-from-latchkey-in.html

2 Likes

13 Likes

giphy

20 Likes

When I have fun of drinking till my eyes float cause I am passing a stone. Yes.
Otherwise not so much.

7 Likes

Wait is this in part about the psychological need to go under certain circumstances (such as arriving home)? I knew someone who said as soon as they walk into a wal mart they gotta go #2 - that sounds like a bad joke but its real… like she had a sort of Pavlovian reaction - her body knew there was a bathroom there and it would suddenly be urgent.

5 Likes

Personally I always gotta pee like every 5 minutes before a stressful situation like playing a show with my band or going to an interview. That makes more sense evolutionarily. HEck my dog does that when a new person shows up in our house.

5 Likes

“To keep your bladder healthy, I recommend my patients empty their bladder before they start having extreme ‘got-to-go’ feelings.

Words to live by. I gotta go…

12 Likes

This sudden, overwhelming need to go hits me whenever I’m out dancing to soul music. Especially when I’m dancing to my favorite artist, Urethra Franklin.

18 Likes

tumblr_nnhirwkjBC1qedb29o1_400

25 Likes

This happens to me on camping trips except its #2 that gets shy, I blame those spider infested vaulted toilets and all the Cheezits I devour.
With less than 30 minutes to go on the drive home, everything down there decides it is once again safe to resume normal operations, at which time I go into “get the hell out of my way!” mode.

3 Likes

No, but having lived for a decade alongside 12 children of various ages and heard “Have you been?” about a million times I can’t leave the building without going.

16 Likes

I was expecting a “right now”.

5 Likes

When I was a kid I called this the Urine Monster. When he heard me getting close to home he would reach out and squeeze my bladder. Annoying as all heck but at least I know it wasn’t just me and my imagination.

3 Likes

I commute on the bus and the stop’s about a 10-minute walk from my house. Some of those walks home can be pretty harrowing. There’s a wooded area on the way home that I can duck into if it’s a dire emergency but now that daylight saving time has kicked in that’s not an option.

1 Like

Yes, Once had to pee in copse of trees 50 metres from my building because it was getting worse and worse the closer I got to home. To be fair it had been a long night involving beer.

4 Likes

I had a similar situation once after many cocktails and peed in my driveway for what felt like an eternity.

4 Likes

When I was younger, I had to pee every time I set foot in the library or a bookstore.

I was a DJ at the college radio station for a couple of semesters. The audience would’ve been very small, as we weren’t yet broadcasting – it was narrowcast into a few campus buildings and via cable TV (using some kind of adapter on the listener’s end). Nevertheless I used to get extremely nervous before/during my time slot and I’d have to spend a while on the crapper. My strategy was to start with a really long track like “Bitches Brew” which was more than enough time for me to go attend to the other pressing business.

2 Likes

com-optimize%20(1)

10 Likes

Are you sure they’re putting the key in the right place?

7 Likes

our kitchen has a powerful diuretic effect. if my wife or i have been sitting in the living watching tv or talking and one of us goes into the kitchen to start cooking or check on something in the oven or on the stove we are immediately struck with profound need to urinate, to the extent that we make it a point to go to the bathroom first if we’re headed for the kitchen eventually.

2 Likes