Do you want a Velveeta Martini?

Originally published at: Do you want a Velveeta Martini? | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Do I want a Velveeta Martini?

God, no. Keep that thing far, far away from me.

13 Likes

I bet someone could do something interesting by making an extra-sharp cheddar infused vodka, but not Velveeta.

1 Like

I… I have NOT seen this. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will now go gouge my eyes out.

no_no_bad

10 Likes

The Betteridge’s Law of Headlines is strong with this one!

15 Likes

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

5 Likes

I might have just thrown up in my mouth a little. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

I’m game. I love fake cheese and I quite like martini. Also, olives.

4 Likes

16 Likes

Replacing olives with a few cubes of (fake) cheese on a skewer should’ve been as far as this went.

6 Likes

I can’t believe I have to do this

I do not think that you in fact have to do this! It would be possible to let all weird faux cheese marketing campaigns pass without comment or coverage. Just a thought.

2 Likes

That looks like it should have been featured in a really bad 1950’s or 1960’s cookbook, right next to a Jell-O and spam dessert (with a mayo-based glaze, because why not?)

If I didn’t have a strong stomach or weren’t laughing at some of the absurd dishes I found with my search for “bad 1960s cookbook recipes” it might have been unfortunate that I’d searched for that so soon after lunch.

7 Likes

There needs to be a new ring in hell for anyone who commits such sacrilege.

1 Like

Enter the “Veltini,” aka the Velveeta Martini, which you’ve surely seen all over your social media feeds by now.

This makes me very happy that I consume almost no “social media feeds.”

Of course, BB has still subjected me to the horror, so :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I will spray canned cheese straight into my mouth, like how refined gentlemen do. This martini business is a tacky sham for cheese posers.

8 Likes

Veltini? Really?

VELVEETINI

Come on people, it’s right there!

5 Likes

i’m with the wag who said, “this just screams ‘i’m giving up, but i’m gonna make it look classy.’”

1 Like
6 Likes

I do not, in fact want this.
However, it’s been a long week, so later today a martini sounds good. Made with St. George Terroir gin.

1 Like

No, I do not.