Documenting Trump's war on science

He plans to shut down the EPA as well. So between poisonous air, food and water, medicines that don’t work and no one with affordable healthcare I’m sure they’ll find some way to pin it on liberals (if there’s anyone left alive who cares).

13 Likes

Reminds me of the story when Niels Bohr dissolved some Nobel Medals in aqua regia to hide them from the nazis.

http://www.npr.org/sections/krulwich/2011/10/03/140815154/dissolve-my-nobel-prize-fast-a-true-story

11 Likes

I was wondering if they still teach about The Jungle in school – I think that we touched on it in 5th grade.

6 Likes

yeah, well, that’s a commie novel.

5 Likes

I remember reading The Jungle in 9th grade.

2 Likes

I posted this about a year ago, feels even more apt now…

17 Likes

18 Likes

#Summer is coming.

9 Likes

Global Warming, feh! What’s the worst that could happen?

15 Likes

That’s like two-and-a-half, maybe three states lost there. That’s a tiny percentage! No worries. :grinning:

6 Likes

That’s his plan! cause a massive human die-back, reducing our environmental impact by there been fewer of us. Genius! Also that will allow his Greatness generation plans to focus Greatness levels to previously unheard of peaks in the chosen few meaning they can laser sculpt Mount Rushmore into four aspects of The Donald just from their beatific gaze…

7 Likes

Right, and Florida! GONE! Win-win!
:wink:

6 Likes

Here’s an old article on it from the Atlantic

… but the main thing it consumed was people. Upton Sinclair tried to elucidate and illuminate the ways in which commodities deposed, and controlled, human beings. His novel is the most successful attempt ever made to fictionalize the central passages of Marx’s Das Kapital.

6 Likes

So "The Jackpot"

1 Like

Ooooh, look how green Austral’yer is… And they have lakes! @M_M, @Kimmo, etc do ya have a spare couch?

6 Likes

Pretty sure that’s an artifact of the elevation coding scheme.

Don’t you remember looking at a these sorts of maps as a kid and realizing “Huh. That’s weird. Why is the Sahara Desert Green?”

Maybe it was an artifact of printing technology.

3 Likes

35C & 90% RH outside here. Inside, with a tin roof and no aircon, it’s a good bit warmer. :sweat: Not even proper summer yet.
So the spare sofa’s always on offer, but swing by the bottle-o on your way down and pick up a slab and a couple bags of ice, eh. :beer:

6 Likes

He can do a two-for-one and destroy ScISIS.

Hopefully the War on Science will have the same effect as the War on Drugs, and the War on Terror. We can look forward to an increase in the availability of drugs, terror and science.

9 Likes

He should give everyone in ISIS a science degree, then they’d cease to exist.

1 Like

A small point, but important: Harper never denied climate change. He minimized it, ignored it, and blocked any attempt to actually do something about it, but he never denied it.

5 Likes