Does this "Women for Kavanaugh" bus photo op show mostly men?

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/20/women-for-kavanaugh-bus-ph.html

7 Likes

A claim by conservatives plastered on the side of a big red bus, you say? Uh huh…

And what on Earth is going on woth that photo of Juche Kavanaugh?

Open the window over his forehead and you see a drunk male hamster pinning down a female one on an exercise wheel (AKA a representation of his brilliant mind).

21 Likes

Is 7 to 6 mostly?

3 Likes

Well, yes.

25 Likes

39 Likes

Something something gender equality mumble mumble.

3 Likes

Close up on the face is very Chairman Mao exhorts you to something something confirmation something!
Creepy
but… could it be made creepier? hmmmm, now he looks like Ted Cruz

26 Likes

What is the motive for showing any men in this context?

Are they, like, the husbands who won’t know how to feed themselves if their wives leave them at home?

29 Likes

Someone spent a lot of money on a bus. Well, my mind’s changed now, for sure. /s

22 Likes

To reassure the people who matter that this isn’t really about women at all.

18 Likes

I thought “conservatives” kept their women in binders

12 Likes

Oh boy, you had to go there didn’t you.

[snicker snicker snicker]

7 Likes

They seem to be missing the point that it’s not about all the women Kavanaugh didn’t attempt to rape, it’s the one he did.

I guess the standard of justice has regressed to “sex crimes are OK if you only do them once”. (And this assumes he only attempted to rape someone once… I have a feeling that this isn’t the first time he’s done this, but if he has anybody else would be understandably hesitant to come forward.)

It doesn’t help that the conservative media is all like “think of how Kavanaugh’s life is being ruined by this!” while paying no heed to to the fact that the woman who bravely came forward is now literally in hiding because she’s received so many death threats against her and her family.

25 Likes

Point, set, match!

14 Likes

Each “woman for Kavanaugh” has an assigned handler to make sure they don’t go off script.

19 Likes

All you really need to know about Republican empathy is in this fabulous remark from Senator Corker:

The only horror is being accused. Not even a fleeting thought for the actual victim here.

I’ll bet the seventh guy is there to drive the bus.

28 Likes

That tweet got a horrified face from me… but I don’t know why, I should be desensitised to these arseholes at this point.

4 Likes

I guess the definition barely fits but I’m going to yield to what has already been said in this thread.

Why are there any men at all?

8 Likes

There’s two guys hiding on the buss, big ones.
Those women are tougher than they look.

WTF is there a political campaign bus associated with this miserable rapey little lord fauntleroy anyway?

Three days in Missouri rallying with all of you in support of Judge Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the Supreme Court!

yeah… that doesn’t help. The people of Missouri (as much as we love them all) aren’t voting for kavanaugh. And Clare McCaskill (their senator, (the other is a republican and so is a dam-ned soul)) has a renown disgust of all things presented by bus.

7 Likes