Does this "Women for Kavanaugh" bus photo op show mostly men?

Ok, that’s funny.

3 Likes

The “please like this guy” bus tour is kicking off because he’s now officially the least popular nominee to the Supreme Court in the history of NBC’s polling.

I’m guessing they’re staging this to contrast with McCaskill’s stated intention to vote against him in an attempt to rile up the GOP base in the state and tip the scales in their favor on a potentially vulnerable re-election candidate.

I also really hate that I feel like I’m developing a certain degree of understanding of how these stupid bad-faith stunts are calculated…

13 Likes

How long into this bus ride before one of the guys suggest they do shots and play a friendly game of strip poker?

12 Likes

You’ve got the knack!

10 Likes

Why does it show ‘any’ women? Is white and jesus that much more important than your rights?

As long as there’s, you know, the White and the Jesus… :thinking:

I was wondering if that was a “beschizza original” or just ‘beschizza-inspired,’ and now I know.

7 Likes

My head is exploding somewhat at the thought of a crazy conservative slogan espousing pouring funds into a national single-payer health care system.

1 Like

I am but a mere student studying at the possibly hairy hobbit-like feet of the master

also

11 Likes

It is disconcerting from an American viewpoint. A bit easier to process once one recalls that was a right-wing slogan and, hence, a lie.

8 Likes

I guess the next logical step is, “What if we tell everyone that he has promised to never rape anyone again? Think they’ll buy that? We could add it to the photo on the bus.”

3 Likes

what I don’t understand is why the newsmedia isn’t playing the recording 24/7 of him trying to manipulate a child through the legal system to force her to carry a pregnancy to term, only a few weeks but trying to get her past 20 weeks

that’s pretty f-ed up right there, and he almost got away with it, eventually being overruled

8 Likes

Mostly white men at that.

Everyone else has said anything I had to add to this topic, better than I would have, so I’ll just drop this here.

3 Likes

Why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 is a registered 6 offender!

~I’ll see myself out…

5 Likes

These are women FOR Kavenaugh? As in for for his convenience? CWAA

And who the fuck is paying for that?

9 Likes

“Concerned Women For America” is the super-conservative creation of Tim LaHaye, author of the Left Behind series. It’s more properly a “Conservative Women Against America’s Women” group, funded by (oops!) men.

They know their audience. All the appearances are at those bastions of free speech and tolerance: Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby:

Or, is this a convenience provided by their financial backers? Could this be a clue as to who’s helping to pay for this… As it is, the Judicial Crisis Network is going crazy running ads on MSNBC and Fox for Kavanaugh.

7 Likes

The Twitter handle on the side of the bus belongs to Concerned Women for America, whose website includes the text “As your voice for Biblical values, see how we are defending the issues you care about most …”

Presumably (alleged) attempted rape is not one of the issues that causes the Concerned Women to furrow their lily-white brows very much.

6 Likes

Reminds me of this:

18 Likes

They have photos and everything. Must be legit. /s

3 Likes