DOJ investigating shooting death of Ahmaud Arbery as possible hate crime

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/25/doj-investigating-shooting-dea.html

8 Likes

Given that the DOJ is part of the executive branch whose head is Donald Trump, whose political base is largely racist asshats…

8 Likes

And yet this violence was too horrible for even them to ignore. There is solid evidence & public attention. It’s up to us to keep the pressure on.

13 Likes

About freaking time!

2 Likes

POSSIBLE hate crime, huh? Boy, that’s gonna be tough to determine…

13 Likes

Of course it was possible, they already did it…

Bastards.

12 Likes

Now now people, I am sure there are some very fine racists on both sides of this

1 Like

I really don’t have much to say except:

“Ya think?”

and

“Ka-DUH!”

(words of extreme wit and insight. About as insightful as race possibly being a motivating factor in this assassination.)

4 Likes

“investigating…as possible hate crime”

Sun being investigated as possible solar source.

2 Likes

No shit, Sherlock.

“Possible”? Well, let’s see. How many white guys have they also run down and shot while filming? None? I think they can eliminate the word "possible’ in the context of a crime of this nature.

I hope this isn’t a case where they “investigate it” just to clear them “officially” while ignoring reality, but as @binaryhermit points out, the DOJ works for Trump and the last thing he will want to do so close to having his run as “President” picked up for another season is alienate his viewers.

DOJ investigating? So Barr can let them off at the 11th hour?

Well, how are they going to clear these guys of they don’t open an investigation? Hmmm? I hope that is not the goal here, but honestly, given the history, I kinda expect it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.