Donald Trump bashes his most ardent followers — the evangelicals — for their "great disloyalty"

He has a lot of competition.

11 Likes

They happily performed “God’s imperfect instrument, a modern-day King David” mental gymnastics to excuse Trump’s amorality and his squalid life of crime. Or at least the pastors jumped through those mental hoops because it kept the collection dish full.

Why would they stop licking his boots now, just because he shows his contempt for them?

8 Likes

Basically, because he’s a cheap single-use plastic bag Evangelicals threw over Roe v Wade’s head - now Roe v Wade’s been suffocated, the plastic bag is soiled and disgusting and there’s better options for the few uses they have left for it. They can’t be bothered throwing it in a bin, so they’ve left it to waft about pathetically in the wind as a gross environmental hazard and occasional nuisance.

20 Likes

“The Evangelicals … so disloyal. No one, no one in history, has done as much for Christianity as Donald Trump. They tell me, in the Bible, that the Jews worshiped a golden calf. But what they don’t tell you is that it wasn’t even solid gold. Can you believe that? No, no, it’s true, it’s all in the Bible, which is one of my very favorite books. Maybe the best book ever, after ‘The Art of the Deal’. So I made my own golden calf, because gold is a thing I understand very well. It’s where the value is. It’s the mark of quality. Now, my golden calf, it’s solid gold, 24-carat gold, the best gold. And anyone can come to Mar-a-Lago and see it any time. No one’s ever done that before. But the evangelicals, they say, no, it’s not enough. A man came to me the other day, I can’t say who, but a big strong man, who served his country. A great believer. And he told me, Mr. Trump, sir … and he had tears in his eyes when he said this, this big strong faithful man … he said, Mr. Trump, your golden calf, it’s the most beautiful thing I’ve ever seen. He was so moved, he said it was like a religious experience. Because it was a religious experience. And I made it happen, with my beautiful golden calf. People don’t know that I like to read the Bible. You see, there’s a lot of gold in the Bible, because God knows what’s important. The wise men – who were very wise – brought gold to Jesus. Along with Frankenstein and beer. Anyway, I’m disappointed that the Evangelicals don’t support me. Because Joe Biden doesn’t have a golden calf. People are saying he’s a Muslim. Now, I’m not saying that. But people are saying it. Maybe it’s true. I don’t know. And I think that’s sad, that Sleepy Joe doesn’t love God and America the way that I do. So sad. Thank you.”

30 Likes

Is there an AI for Trump monologues now?

17 Likes

Yeah Donald, keep doing that. Shame them into supporting you again! Of course, if they felt any shame they wouldn’t have supported you in the first place, but…

He would have to acknowledge that other people exist, as people. I’m not so sure he can do that.

Always was. It’s called “Donald Trump.”

7 Likes

Of course in the orange shitstain’s “logic” loyal means “give me all your money and do what I say” and anything short of that is “disloyal”

5 Likes

Not so sure about the “I” part

18 Likes

AI as in alternative intelligence – one that for instance knows all the best alternative facts.

13 Likes

…and where it had gone.

I mean, where could it go, now they are all out in the open as fuckwit fauxcists?

4 Likes

i hope the Trump doesn’t go after the mainstream church; I’d hate to see Trump bashing the Bishop.

4 Likes

We’re seeing right now the results of the escalation in hatred and fear-mongering the GOP engaged in to fill seats, line their pockets, and gain popularity/power. The calls for (and acts of) violence or to go out and “do something” about the folks that have been marginalized and demonized are increasing. TBH, based on history, I don’t want to see what they might do to keep those folks appeased, entertained, or feeling superior to others. I could imagine very few of them even asking this question:

Baddie GIF by Giphy QA

16 Likes

Jayzee, Yezee, Ye, Y….
I mean, he does seem to think he’s Christ’s reincarnation, so maybe that’s where all the supporters are going.

2 Likes

Narcissistic paranoia…

2 Likes

There’s a remarkable silence about Trump’s War against Christianity.

ReligiousFreedom

15 Likes

Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
–Denis Diderot

I am starting to think that the whole idea of the Presidency is a mistake, and we should be electing a committee as a group to do the job, get rid of the cult of personality and bury the concept of “Our Dear Leader” as dangerous, outdated, and obstructive to the very concept of freedom itself. Or maybe I’m just still hungover from the last President.

3 Likes

Well, someone did try that, and in that case, it did not stop the rise of a cult of personality strong man…

Gonna have to go a bit deeper into the causes of a cult of personality, because I don’t think it’s just having a president that causes it.

6 Likes

That’s basically what parliamentary systems are. The idea is that you aren’t voting for a person, you’re voting for a set of ideas. The party chooses the prime minister from among their ranks and can periodically replace them without giving up power.

I won’t say for sure it works better or worse than what Americans do, but it does at least tend to defuse the cult of personality that gets built up around people like has often happened with certain US presidents.

7 Likes

eww. eww. eeewwww!

gross!

8 Likes

That is exactly correct. Disagreeing =/= persecuting. Arguing actual facts =/= waging war. For the right wing, these are treasonous statements. In the not very distant future, they may come with severe consequences. That day, however, is not this day. Yet, at least.

12 Likes