Donald Trump boasts about not needing teleprompter, then falls apart when he can't read teleprompter (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/01/donald-trump-boasts-about-not-needing-teleprompter-then-falls-apart-when-he-cant-read-teleprompter-video.html

9 Likes

Disappointed Here We Go GIF by Gogglebox Australia

14 Likes

I had no idea he needed to read off plexiglas to sound like that. He seems such a natural babbler.

17 Likes

These teleprompters are gonzo, folks, they’re just gonzo. And look at me, all hep with the lingo, the lingo!!

17 Likes

Keep my hero’s name out of your F’n mouth, shitweasel.

Look Away GIF by Muppet Wiki

ETA “shitweasel”

41 Likes

Dumpty can read? :confused:

13 Likes

Leave him alone! Poor fella has been having recurring nightmares that he’s on trial in a criminal court, then waking up and realizing he’s in the trial right now.

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

25 Likes

Yeah, I kind of assumed it was all stream of consciousness jabbering, because I cannot possibly imagine any thought or structure being applied to the way he talks. So who writes his speeches, a cat stepping on a keyboard that then fills it in with autocorrect?

13 Likes

The BEST PEOPLE write his speeches.

10 Likes

Nonsense, gibberish and lies
TrumpBlahBlahBlah

9 Likes

Assumes consciousness not in evidence.

11 Likes

s/stream/sewer.

6 Likes

In sheer weirdness, his speeches bear an uncanny resemblance to the AI-generated subtitles created by YouTube.

5 Likes

Seriously, how does anyone listen to this blithering idiot speak, and still support him? I’m eternally baffled by it.

7 Likes

Seriously? Because that’s the price they pay for license to slough off their “Christian principles” and “family values” — that they resent us for not taking seriously (or at least not seriously enough, in the “right way”) — and let their hate flags fly.

6 Likes

A cat would be more coherent, TBH. I don’t think anyone writes them, but just gives him a topic to start off and he ad-libs the rest, which is why it’s so much meandering random gibberish.

1 Like

It’s half-remembered talking points and badly recalled anecdotes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.