Donald Trump gets visibly angry at March 2024 trial date — smack in the middle of primary voting season

Originally published at: Donald Trump gets visibly angry at March 2024 trial date — smack in the middle of primary voting season | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Well, don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time.

and keep your eye on the sparrow!

24 Likes

Dream come true. It will codify his base, pushing DeSantis further into the margins, all while reminding every sane person that he is unreliable, a compulsive liar and a massive risk for their vote. The risk of him winning is real, but I don’t see anyone other than DeSantis making a legitimate dark horse spoiler run. People just aren’t engaged enough with policy to properly categorize DeSantis as a clear and present threat, but trump has the stink of terrorism, rape and ineptitude all over him. That scab will be ripped wide open every single day.

29 Likes

If any of these court cases ends up with a jail sentence, I expect it will begin January 20, 2025.

13 Likes

I think so too. Yes, his fans are a rabid as ever, but for most voters, the stench wafting from him is far more repulsive than it was in 2016 and 2020.

25 Likes

Don’t do the crime if you can’t schedule the time.

28 Likes

Angry? I’d love to see him just pop a vein ala Scanners.

18 Likes

Only one vein? :wink:

7 Likes

All the veins!

11 Likes

Wait, wait… You can mute his mic?

17 Likes

“We swapped Mr Trump’s microphone for a massage ball. Let’s see if he notices the difference.”

5 Likes

(When Trump finally goes to prison…)

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

12 Likes

It’s always “election season” in America. Presidential campaigns are years long. So any trial date would be in the middle of something.

In case this is another Stockholm thing where Americans can’t imagine any other world is possible, political campaigns in Canada are limited to 51 days in length.

26 Likes

I Want To Go There GIF by Neesin

17 Likes

Sounds great, but that’s a whole bunch of Mutants needing new hobbies in the off-season.

17 Likes

30 days in Ireland, ending the day before, max spend of €45K

As I have said here before. Political campaigns here can be nasty and brutish, but at least they are mercifully short.

23 Likes

There are few things that makes him seethe more than having to shut up and listen to a judge’s orders. He must imagine Roy Cohn’s ghost tsk-tsking him every time this happens.

23 Likes

Maybe if he hadn’t spent the last (checks notes) entire adult life delaying court cases, the cases would be resolved before election season.

22 Likes

Unless you’re the Ontario Conservative party, in which case they’re four years long, and you spend a LOT of taxpayers’ dollars on spreading your campaign slogans and mudraking far and wide.

7 Likes

Heart Attack 2023.

14 Likes