Donald Trump issues mafia-style 5% shakedown to other MAGA candidates: Pay up or else!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/17/donald-trump-issues-mafia-style-5-shakedown-to-other-maga-candidates-pay-up-or-else.html

13 Likes

This is so hilarious, obvious, sketchy, and greedy but of course it’ll fly right over a MAGAt’s head. Or perhaps they’ve become so boneheaded that this is the only kind of thing that looks normal and “legit” to them now.

19 Likes

21 Likes

for what good is the money? He has all he needs in the undying love of the world, right?

6 Likes

So kissing the ring is not enough anymore? Now, there is a fee attached.

The leopard finally reached their faces. I hope he bankrupts the GQP, himself, lose the election, both house and senate, and ending up in jail. That would be the best outcome for everyone not MAGA.

33 Likes

He’s already draining the RNC coffers of money that should go to strategic down-ballot races, now he’s leeching from their fundraising.

Hopefully he’ll not only lose, but suck down the Congressional races too.

38 Likes

Grifters gonna grift… everybody.

9 Likes

“Nice campaign you got there. Be a shame if anything happened to it”

23 Likes

If somehow elected, he would demand at least 5% from the complacent calculating CEOs who are opting to turn away from Trump’s threats to democracy and hope to work with the guy for the sake of greater profits and further deregulations.

8 Likes

They’ll see it as commendably bold and as just another sign of his strength and worthiness for great and permanent office.

2 Likes

Dear Trump.

I know you are desperate to win this election. That does not make any sense as suppose you do win, and we don’t, we will be powerless to stop them dang Democrats with now sufficient votes to override any veto you impose, as well as enough votes to stop any filibuster we may use to stall any impeachment votes for you and eventually your hand-picked Supreme Court justices.

Since we will be unable keep your agenda on track as we will be out of office due to already lackluster fundraising.

I just got to ask:
Why does a billionaire need to dip into our fundraising efforts to win an election?

Pro Tip:
You might want to consider holding a raffle for your properties as I bet everyone in the House and Senate would be willing to buy tickets. Just make sure your kids aren’t conducting it, and especially that squirrely Clarence and Gini Thomas, lest you get the wrath of the US Postal Inspection service also snooping around your fundraising efforts.

Signed

A (soon to be a former) concerned Republican Officeholder

4 Likes

So apparently using Yrump’s name/image/etc in your campaign materials makes people less likely to support you.

(I typoed his name and cannot be arsed to fix it.)

11 Likes

a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC

Jesus F-ing Christ, indeed!

10 Likes

Or, as it’s read by the recipients:

“A minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee!?! JFC!

It’s really astonishing how someone with such a terrible track record at the ballot is able to not only break all the rules, but make up shit so insane that it makes everyone else say, “We should really have a rule against this!”

7 Likes

It’s just a tithe to their church and savior.

Or is this Payola?

Or is it extortion.

It’s obviously just your standard Drumph grift.

10 Likes

Serious question: What is the TRNC going to do if a down ballot candidate doesn’t comply? They’re under absolutely no contractual obligation to do so, as far as I can tell. For some reason, I have a hard time believing MTG is going to comply with this. She won’t publicly complain, but she ain’t gonna give money back upstream. And she uses Trump’s name every day.

14 Likes

On the bright side, he isn’t demanding the blood and organs of their children. That’s what Barron is for.

I really do hope the kid has an incompatible blood type.

Simple:
There will be no TRNC to speak of after the election, win or lose. I am sure that Mr. Bankruptcy-in-Chief will see to it, as that is the only thing he is can do successfully.

3 Likes

The stick is that he’ll attack you. Not maga enough. He doesn’t give a shit if he loses the house or senate.

12 Likes

I don’t know that he will. I can’t see him attacking MTG for some reason.

8 Likes