Donald Trump "livid" over last night's "humiliating" results, says CNN's Jim Acosta

I don’t think De Santis or anyone else has that malign but powerful quality that comes with being America’s foremost public grifter for the last 40 years. Still, this win indicates that he can grind out enough methods and cheats and appeals to the worst in GOP voters to get the job done.

18 Likes
  • INDECISIVE CENTRIST INDEPENDENTS DECIDE ELECTIONS
  • COMMITTED PARTISAN VOTER TURNOUT DECIDES ELECTIONS
0 voters
7 Likes

I think you need a third option: People who don’t see themselves represented by either party and too apathetic or frustrated to vote half of the time. They aren’t indecisive, they know where they stand, but dislike either party for other reasons. (For example, actual leftists don’t see the Democrats any different than Republicans as far as economic policy. Or traditional Conservatives who dislike “liberal Democrats”, but can’t get behind Republican Trumpism.)

At least with the abortion issue no longer being something to rally the base behind and actually is effecting peoples’ lives, it has spurred some of them to vote.

8 Likes

Nothing’s going to happen to Mar a Lago, as Trump will just use his Sharpie to deflect the storm

22 Likes

Trump has said that he’s planning a major announcement for the 15th.

I’d love to see the DOJ make an even bigger announcement on the 14th (or if they have enough evidence of criminal wrongdoing to walk into his big press event on the 15th and drag him out of the room, ideally in handcuffs.) I know it’s very, very highly unlikely. But fantasizing like that isn’t harmful, is it?

22 Likes

emphasis added

do you want a zombie apocalypse? because that’s how you get a zombie apocalypse!

17 Likes

Before yesterday, the obvious assumption was that he’d announce himself as GOP candidate for president. I’m hoping he’s now so butthurt that he announces the creation of a new party headed by himself.

26 Likes

the issue is their behavior, not their fee-fees

8 Likes

Eeeewwwwwwww…

3 Likes

But deciding not to vote is a decision/behavior.

2 Likes

Weak ass excuses are WEAK: as a WOC in America, I’ve never seen a party that actually repped me, my political opinions, or which advanced the positive changes that I want to see in society… not without being forced to do so.

I still vote anyway, in every election.

My ancestors fought and died for the right.

44 Likes

No, which is hopefully the thing that will defeat him. He’s just mean without any of the interesting parts.

15 Likes

On a different note, has anyone else noticed that what’s-his-face is using a bronze cream that makes him literally bronze coloured? It looked like he was going to busk as a living statue on the news tonight!

Honestly, it was kind of creepy, the tone was even more unnatural than normal. Not a good look at all.

10 Likes

He must have something going for him, because he’s trying to kill everyone in Florida as hard as he can yet they still vote for him.

13 Likes

Maybe it will oxidise and he will go full Statue of Liberty

11 Likes

That’s what I’m hoping too.

4 Likes

Excited Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

4 Likes

Well, he apparently violated federal anti-trafficking laws sending a bunch of immigrants from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard and bragged about it on national TV.

Of course, he also apparently violated federal anti-trafficking laws, so should the sherif in Texas or the DOJ decide to press charges, things would get very interesting, very fast.

17 Likes

I don’t want Trump to die of a stroke. At least, not yet.

I do have a personal fantasy where Trump suffers a major stroke that renders him incapable of speech and he is forced to watch silently as everything he ever touched crumbles into legal and financial ruin. Then he can die.

35 Likes

32 Likes