Donald Trump "livid" over last night's "humiliating" results, says CNN's Jim Acosta

“pink squirt” - is that like Pink slime - Wikipedia ?

5 Likes

22 Likes

Is it wrong to hope that it gives him a heart attack or that he strokes out from the results?

Yes it is but I am a bad person

33 Likes

The only post-election Trump news I want to hear is how the DoJ now feels free to indict him.

43 Likes

The Google Alerts have failed us so far today…

There is this glimmer however:

22 Likes

It’s way past time for Merrick Garland to do something that impresses us.

32 Likes

I just realized that in January, when AOC begins her third term, she will have more national political experience than that 1 term loser (who had 2.8 million fewer votes than Hillary did).

42 Likes

Nope; his demise will lessen the existential threat currently facing the world at large.

38 Likes

cry crying GIF

16 Likes

Is the red tide this?

or this?

either way, it’s something to be avoided

15 Likes

Best nautical metal record of 2018

10 Likes

Comment piece from the Guardian - which I think explained this to me (a non-USAian)

Because in a year when Trump himself is not a candidate, like 2022, his absence weakens hardcore Trump devotees’ desire to turn out, while his looming presence on the scene repels the floating voters who decide elections. Put another way, the Republicans’ problem is not simply Trump the man. It is that they have become Trump’s party.

21 Likes

Better get used to it. I think DeSantis will eat him alive in the primaries.

3 Likes

Here in Minnesota we have a couple of close races. The Democratic candidate for Attorney General leads with 1,254,054 votes, while the Republican candidate has 1,233,211, a difference of 20,843 votes. And the Democratic candiate for State Auditor is leading with 1,168,178 votes, while the Republican has 1,159,729, for a difference of 8,449 votes. (None of the federal seats were particularly close.)

According to the Minnesota Department of Health, total deaths attributed to COVID-19 (cumulative) are 13,501. Not all can be attributed to vaccine deniers, but all the deaths that have occurred since about May 2021 have been in people who were eligible to get the vaccine. That total is 6,093. So those deaths were either in vaccinated people where the vaccine failed (a very low number), or among those that voluntarily chose not to get vaccinated for political reasons. The state counts don’t discriminate between voting age or not, nor do we know how many of them were likely mid-term election voters. Even if they were, we can’t assume they all would have voted for the Republican candidates, but the majority of them likely would have.

Nothing’s certain, but those dead people might have been enough to swing a few candidates around the country. And the numbers might be more pronounced in areas that were struck harder by the virus (Minnesota’s health care workers saved a lot of people during the pandemic.)

11 Likes

Take note, Melania apologists

12 Likes

Evil Laugh Purposes GIF

17 Likes

Drama Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

26 Likes

humiliations-inigo-montoya

12 Likes

Time to bring out the big guns.

condiment_caulking_gun

14 Likes

Does DeSantis have that indefinable “something” that Trump has (for the gullible)? That showmanship, that larger than life vulgar dazzle? Because that may be the key to winning or losing.

16 Likes