Donald Trump mad after Ben Carson's book outsells his own

[Read the post]

4 Likes

Meh. The Daily Minute of Trump Hate doesnā€™t provoke much rage in me anymore.

7 Likes

Iā€™d categorize this information deep down the list of ā€˜not a surpriseā€™; but it is probably instructive to see what Trump does when he isnā€™t being provided with a continuous rush of external validation.

I canā€™t say that ā€˜throws tantrum even less tasteful than his usual high standardsā€™ is a surprise; but it is instructive. I wonder if it will pop the nonsense myth, popular among his adherents, of ā€˜Trump: Ultimate Ice-cold negotiator who can bring Americaā€™s Strength to the table!!!ā€™? I doubt it; but it really ought to. If this is how he keeps his cool after somebodyā€™s ghostwriter outsells his ghostwriter; can you imagine how a genuinely stiff-upper-lipped character like Putin would play him?

Iā€™m not sure what the Russian for ā€˜What, you mad bro?ā€™ is; but we would probably find out.

10 Likes

That animated gif is PURE MAGIC.

3 Likes

Hillary is playing the womensā€™ card? I donā€™t suppose thereā€™s a mensā€™ card, is there? Because men are normal.

Come to think of it, thereā€™s no white card either.

11 Likes

Trump should be glad Dr. Carson didnā€™t stab him.

8 Likes

I donā€™t understand the problem: the market is always right, and the market says Carson trumps Trump. Why the upset, Trumpie-pooā€¦donā€™t you worship capitalism?

8 Likes

Either tome is safe for septic systems

3 Likes
6 Likes

Isnā€™t it nice of those two that they make basically every mainstream Republican look comparatively sane and electable?

4 Likes

No they donā€™t. Maybe theyā€™re supposed to, but no.

8 Likes

only the kind with rational markets ; )

2 Likes

Iā€™m not feeling rage. Rage is reserved for when Trump is competently exploiting the worst impulses in american politics.

This is like a mythbusters segment, where youā€™ve been watching a fuse burning, and it got to the dynamite, and for the longest time nothing happens. And everyone is saying, wtf is going on?

And then the enormous explosion.

This is what Trump looks like melting down. If I feel anything, itā€™s relief - Trump defied my expectations for so long, I seriously wondered if the american people might allow him the presidency. Okay, maybe a little schadenfreude too, but mostly relief

2 Likes

Iā€™m not even sure what that means, anymore, nor whether there are any in the current campaigns.

EDIT: It reminds me of Eisenhower and I wasnā€™t even born during his lifetime.

• EDIT to my earlier EDIT: Well what the hell do I know. Trump may be closer to Eisenhower than I thought, at least in one very ugly aspect.
1 Like

Wait, I thought death was the first thing. No, okay, thinkingā€¦ right, Donald Trump thinks castration is so much worse than death that he canā€™t even bring himself to say the word. Alright.

5 Likes

Ripping into Carson fans so harshly seems strategically short-sighted, because if the Trump campaign is going to have any chance at all heā€™ll eventually have to win over a lot of people who arenā€™t already Trump supporters.

Heā€™s already alienated women, immigrants, non-white people, non-Christian people, gays, pacifists, veterans, moderates, poor people and anyone with a shred of human empathy. If thereā€™s one group he canā€™t afford to alienate itā€™s ā€œvoters who want to elect a crazy man with zero experience in government.ā€

16 Likes

Fine points you make.

Sadly, they come from some assumptions. Allow me to illustrate:

1. That Trump actually wants to win
  2. That Trump is rational
  3. That offending all of those groups isnā€™t completely intentional.

I, for one, refuse to believe that Trump is actually a human. I like to imagine him to be a reptilian because that thought helps me sleep at night.

3 Likes

I was born during the Eisenhower administration (ā€œthe political equivalent of Valiumā€), and I canā€™t recognize anything in this current crop of GOP wannabes as the Republicanism I was raised to adore. (Well, Kasich is somewhat recognizable.)

Republicrazy seemed to climb out of the primordial Reagan ooze to a tenuous foothold in politics, but didnā€™t truly bloom until the 1st term of the Cheney presidency. All I can figure is that they spent the Clinton years inbreeding likeā€¦well, like crazy.

3 Likes

if heā€™s so mad why is he starting to take his pants off in that gif?

1 Like

ok now imagine youā€™re a republican.
Thereā€™s a big white guy with a bad suit and ugly hair yelling that all the people you hate are bad.
Heā€™s also yelling that if you donā€™t get in line you are stupid and probably effeminate.
You donā€™t want to get on this guys bad side because:

1. you are a republican
  2. he hates everyone you hate.
  3. he is a big white guy with a bad suit and ugly hair yelling.
    you better just do what he says, and vote for him. what if he comes over to you and hits you huh. what will people think then. Act like you wanted to vote for him all the time, thatā€™s the ticket! Start yelling along with him.

In other words Trump knows the way to win these people over is to insult them, bully them, scare them, and offer to let them be on your side but act quick, this offer might just disappear losers!

3 Likes