Donald Trump posted what he said was Obama's address on same day an armed man targeted Obama's house

Originally published at: Donald Trump posted what he said was Obama's address on same day an armed man targeted Obama's house | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“No one does stochastic terrorism like I do, believe me!”

40 Likes

What did he think blowing up the national standards building would accomplish. I mean, I get the hatred for the metric system but destroying the cubic centimeter wouldn’t affect it.

10 Likes

maybe he thought by destroying the official kilogram it would reset everything back to zero and he can finally fit into that size 2 dress? Kinda like the plot of Fight Club or something?

12 Likes

Well, that makes one of us. I mean, it definitely falls in the large category of “things most if the world does just fine with, just not America”.

31 Likes

Dear MAGAs,

Sewer grates and lids are, indeed exactly how you infiltrate a residence. Please follow this brilliant man’s guidance and crawl down them.

Sincerely,
Cannibalpeas

27 Likes

… I’m going to have to watch that movie again :thinking:

7 Likes

I hope the agents guarding Trump, some who have already been subpoenaed for testimony on Trump’s crimes, are fully aware of how happy Trump is to put their comrades in harm’s way.

17 Likes

Ensuring the accuracy of gas pump pumping volumes is government overreach, I tell you!

13 Likes

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I know these fascists are anti-science generally, but that’s weirdly direct.

17 Likes

If he was thinking a storm sewer grate would get him into Obama’s house, I humbly suggest he stop watching Ant Man on endless repeat.

16 Likes

I’m thinking it could be a useful diversion for the unhinged, and entertaining for the rest of us, if it were allowed to be played out.

6 Likes

Right? Now I’m wondering if there’s a Q-adjacent conspiracy theory about elliptic curve cryptography or something…

9 Likes

At a guess it’s anti semitism and the department of commerce and the standardization of the kg are somehow tools of the shadowy kabal of Jewish bankers that rules the world. Dig deep enough into any conspiracy theory and it pretty much turns into anti semitism.

There were also a lot of 9/11 truthers upset at the NIST contribution to the 9/11 report. In particular the “jet fuel can’t melt steel” bit. But I’m not sure if that is still a big conspiracy center like it was 10 years ago.

12 Likes

I used to live within a mile of NIST, have known some folks that work there. The interesting job description was the guy who said he spent a lot of time auditing and calibrating fireworks, I don’t know why that’s a NIST gig, but I guess someone has to do it?

9 Likes

He had it all planned out, even down to the part where he’d evade Obama’s Secret Service detail by crawling through the air ducts.

9 Likes

LiveLeak - Burglar falls through roof, climbs back up empty handed on Make a GIF

11 Likes

Well, do I have a topic for you!

9 Likes

Oh it sure is. 9/11 Truthers got rolled into QAnon along with every other conspiracy and you hear a lot of their old talking points surface in the common lore now. Your hypothesis is a good one- that NIST’s involvement has somehow metastasized into hatred of all measuring standards bodies. That would not surprise me at all at this point.

12 Likes

The first time I saw a large volume of water described in acre-feet, I needed to step outside for a bit.

10 Likes