Donald Trump pretends to deliver pizza to New York firefighters — watch how the grift works (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/03/donald-trump-pretends-to-deliver-pizza-to-new-york-firefighters-watch-how-the-grift-works-video.html

6 Likes

Those are empty boxes. Looks like they sent 2 pizzas, realised it wasn’t enough so sent another 6 and then had Trump turn up for a photo opp with 2 of the empty boxes. Pathetic but “scam” or “grift” is a bit of a stretch.

2 Likes

Canadian Lol GIF

12 Likes

How much pizza could a fire house possibly eat…Two pizzas?

13 Likes

See this rock I have in my hand? Watch. I place it on the ground. Look at what I have created. The Grand Canyon. All I ask is you donate to me to OWN the libs.

10 Likes

I’m REALLY curious what said firefighters think about this. Even without the reveal that this is a pathetic faked self-promotion ploy, they’re clearly being used as a prop.

10 Likes

One can guess:

BLACK FIREFIGHTERS AND THE FDNY: THE STRUGGLE FOR JOBS, JUSTICE & EQUITY IN NEW YORK CITY

11 Likes

episode 8 bullshit GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Almost EVERYTHING that man does is some kind of grift… If you’re still not catching onto that, then your not paying attention.

In this case, the grift is acting like he gives two shits about first responders, and making himself seem like he shares the values that they profess to share. As @afish indicates, it’s a fund-raising grift.

18 Likes

Do we know what’s going on in the basement?

11 Likes

The Arizona double-back, classic.

5 Likes

Even if many of them support him, it must at least sting a bit to hear about how your hero graced you with pizza when he barely even showed his face.

5 Likes

If this is a Trump scam that’s consistent with his previous grifts, the pizza he took credit for was something that someone else paid to have delivered there. (I’m thinking of the time he came to a charity event, stole a table meant for someone who had actually donated money, sat through the whole event/dinner to make sure his picture was taken, and then left… without ever having donated a single penny to the charity.)

10 Likes

That's ok, the box is empty.

10 Likes

Possibly. But supporters by-and-large don’t seem to be too perturbed by all his lying, the depth and breadth of all his thieving, and his traitorous malfeasances, so trying to get a political leg up with a mini-scam — although it involves pizza — shouldn’t sting at all for some and may even draw an “Attaboy, only too happy to help you scam America”.

6 Likes

What always gets me about his theatrics is how lazy they are. How hard would it have been to have said henchman wait down the street in his car with a couple of pizzas and then hand them to Stinky when he arrived? Trivial, but he can’t be bothered. It illustrates the utter contempt this man has for people.

10 Likes

Indeed. We know from the reaction to his tax evasion that his admirers regard this kind of shenanigans as evidence of his cunning ability to dodge the system, and they would like to emulate him.

11 Likes

I think it’s because the thing is intended to people already being trump followers and to be used a reinforcement.

Lice scammy spam it’s deliberately made with laziness and easy to notice errors, to work on the more gullible part of population.

2 Likes

It seems less of a scam than some of his. The turn up at a diner, about “food is on me” and then duck off before the bill appears, is much more scammy.
Someone presumably paid for the pizzas, and that was presumably someone in Trump’s employ. I can believe he’s staking out fire stations looking to steal credit when random strangers buy them supper.

2 Likes

Beware of Trump’s bearing pizza. It was probably DiGiorno‘s.

6 Likes

I probably wouldn’t eat anything exposed to the orange turd.

2 Likes