Donald Trump says the Capitol attack is Mike Pence's fault

Originally published at: Donald Trump says the Capitol attack is Mike Pence's fault | Boing Boing

10 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

27 Likes

If you just did everything I asked, I wouldn’t have had to hit you. Sure sounds like the cry of an abuser.

I don’t give a [many expletives deleted] about history He needs to be held accountable in a direct manner.

38 Likes

Trump and Pence are squaring up for the Primaries, eh?

19 Likes

“I was provoked …”

18 Likes

The Narcissist’s Prayer

That didn’t happen.
And if it did, it wasn’t that bad.
And if it was, that’s not a big deal.
And if it is, that’s not my fault.
And if it was, I didn’t mean it.
And if I did, you deserved it.

31 Likes

“if he had just participated in the insurrection, we wouldn’t be where we are today.” well, that’s true. i’m no fan of Pence, but he did the right thing at that moment.

21 Likes

“Look what you made my mob do!”

19 Likes

But then the pro-democracy people would be storming the Capitol… :thinking:

12 Likes

The way things are going, history will be the only thing holding Donald Trump accountable.

You’d have a different group rioting in the streets, and this time rightfully so.

17 Likes

Don’t say that.

I have to believe otherwise.

14 Likes

Talk about passing the buck. History doesn’t just happen on its own, it’s a series of actions taken by human beings with actual agency.

15 Likes

Which makes it completely ironic how Pence is spouting all this self-aggrandizing bullshit about how he alone was responsible for keeping America afloat by (checks notes) doing the bare minimum required of him by simply performing his constitutional duty. Meanwhile, he is refusing to cooperate with any prosecution against his former boss by clinging to silly and unfounded legal theories.

History may hold Trump accountable, but he sure as fuck isn’t helping things along.

20 Likes

When your defense is “If that guy broke the law when I told him too, we wouldn’t have had to riot”, you’re not on the most stable of legal, moral or ethical ground.

16 Likes

It’s basically one step removed from “well she shouldn’t have been wearing that outfit” kind of victim blaming.

12 Likes

Even “our savior” Jesus Christ would agree: “Me, what an asshole!”

5 Likes

At least the minimum amount necessary.

I still think he should have invoked the 25th amendment on Jan 6 and/or called for Congress to impeach him on Jan 7. Mike Pence just didn’t finish his sentence: “History will hold Trump accountable because I didn’t”

14 Likes

ah trumplogic: “If you don’t help the mobs who are trying to make me dictator then they’re all your fault”

5 Likes

Once again…

11 Likes

Other than wheeling him in for Senate votes, his term was a whole lot of nothing, until the final nothing of not overturning democracy.

Nominally the head of the White House Coronavirus Task Force too.

7 Likes