GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik lies again: "Pelosi bears responsibility for the tragedy that occurred on January 6"

Originally published at: GOP Rep. Elise Stefanik lies again: "Pelosi bears responsibility for the tragedy that occurred on January 6" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

Imagine living in a world where the truth is despised and lies are revered.

Oh, wait…

26 Likes

36 Likes

So I imagine if Pelosi had been caught by the insurrectionists, handcuffed and beaten, she would have gotten what she deserved, huh?

/s

Seems like what she’s saying here is “do as we say, or there will be violence, and then it will be your fault.”

It’s a lot funnier when Nelson Muntz says it.

25 Likes

I am waiting for it to be Hillary’s fault. How have they not gotten there already?

27 Likes

Still reviewing the emails to assign proper blame.

17 Likes

Good lord. She is the rep for a border constituency if I’m not mistaken. I would love for Canada to deny these seditionists entry.

12 Likes

So she admits it was a tragedy.

12 Likes

FFS they really are the Repulsive Party. Lying sacks of shit, the lot of them.

15 Likes

This is really getting scary. Fundamental reality is constantly being questioned - bald faced lies are touted on an hourly basis and I’m getting less and less sure that their supporters know it, but are playing along out of loyalty. They are already calling for the murder of Democratic politicians, it’s a short path from there to calling for ALL OF US to be killed. I don’t know how I can possibly countenance being polite to these people - I can’t, I really can’t.

27 Likes

Christ, what a fascist asshole.

One political party has overtly rejected democracy. And the press continues with its “both sides-isms,” making it seem normal.

20 Likes

I think Nancy Pelosi has a good case for defamation litigation. She certainly can afford a good lawyer.
That might make these twits think twice before speaking.

12 Likes

I don’t know if we’d go that far, but we will make very sure that they carry US passports so that they can return to the US and leave Canada.

3 Likes

go ahead and block them from entry. see, their party firmly believes in the power to block undesirable people from entering the southern border. seems right that canada could/should do the same. all good under their own rules.

12 Likes

Isn’t more lies to be expected as more and more of the sane conservatives leave the GOP and it becomes the GQP?

3 Likes

Hey now, I live in her district. Don’t put her evil on me, person of the internet.

Edited to remove gendered language.

1 Like

“Stop hitting yourself!”

9 Likes

This is part of the asymmetry in this thing. We tend to try to be nice, polite, caring and this is viewed on the other side as weakness. They glory in being assholes, outrageous lies and calls for violence are a mark of stature for them. We just have no common ground. And that is a truly terrifying statement.

18 Likes

“If you didn’t get me angry I wouldn’t have had to try to kill you.”

Yeah… GOP platforms are basically indistinguishable from DV now.

17 Likes

We’ve made good progress in adding groups to the criminal terrorist list: loud boys, atom waffle, and Odin’s underpants. Adding the Sedition Caucus shouldn’t be much of a stretch.

12 Likes