So who is Mike Pence?
- Republican Governor of Indiana
- Was a member of the House of Representatives until 2011
- Member of the Tea Party
- Was the first person to sponsor legislation to defund Planned Parenthood
- Signed a bill in Indiana that required women to pay for funerals for aborted and miscarried zygotes, blastocysts, embryos or fetuses.
- Signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act in Indiana that came to national attention after marriage equality so that Christians could discriminate against gay people
- Considers those who do not respect his anti-gay point of view as being overly intolerant
- Believes George Washington was a Republican
- Said that smoking didn’t kill in an op-ed - 15 years ago - and we definitely shouldn’t regulate tobacco companies
- Railed against Disney’s Mulan as liberal propaganda promoting women in the military
- Criticized George H.W. Bush in a big editorial… for signing the 1991 Civil Rights Act
- Once suggested that money for HIV spending should go to gay conversion therapy instead
I still can’t believe this person is the Governor of a State. Oddly, I believe it though that he’s Trump’s VP.