Donald Trump squirms out of a question he can't answer with MAGA-proof stock answer (video)

Originally published at: Donald Trump squirms out of a question he can't answer with MAGA-proof stock answer (video) | Boing Boing

6 Likes

What you get when you run a CO2 line under a grape vineyard
GIF by BuzzFeed

20 Likes

Stable genius at work.
trump-stupid

11 Likes

Trump missed a chance. He’d definitely remove the carbon capture requirements on Big Ethanol, making the pipelines unnecessary.

18 Likes

Please somebody ask him about Chyyna’s Belted Toad Initiative. I get a charge out of hearing the doofus say Chyyna.

10 Likes

I mean…this is how he bluffed his way through an entire presidency; rinse repeat ad nauseam.

29 Likes
13 Likes

Damnit, I hate it when his ignorance exposes my ignorance. What are CO2 pipelines?

(Thanks @RickMycroft)

12 Likes

I didn’t know either. :rofl:

A better question would be: Does growing crops to make ethanol make any kind of sense, considering the fertilizer, gas for farm machinery, and depletion of the soil, or is it all just a huge subsidy to a small group of rich people?

If the latter, then shut it down, save a lot of money, and no need for carbon capture pipelines.

27 Likes

So uh… yeah:

:woman_shrugging:

My crap detector is pinging, faintly but yes pinging, as I read this potentially-written-by-industry-shills info:

Ok, so maybe… less suspicious?:

13 Likes

Why do his supporters bother asking him anything? He’s going to lie every time. They’re going to accept his lie no matter what. What a waste of everyone’s time.

13 Likes
12 Likes

Flashbacks to when he had a replacement for Obamacare all ready to go, it was so easy! And then he unexpectedly became president, and he admitted he expected someone else to have the plan ready to go when he took office, and how was he to know it was so complicated?

Trump supporters, of course, never paid any attention at all to what he (didn’t) do when he was in office, so this shit still works on them.

The benefits of having low (as in zero) information voters. They still haven’t realized that he lies, never knows what he’s talking about, and never follows through on his promises.

13 Likes

“… I’ll tell you all about it in two weeks”

6 Likes

Even after all this, I still have trouble accepting that they actually believe this guy and aren’t just performatively pretending to be that stupid and gullible to own the libs. I simply can’t look at Trump and put myself in the shoes of someone seeing any positive qualities like honesty or intelligence, no matter how I try. He’s not a skilled liar, he’s not even capable of trying to be crafty or clever, yet somehow he has these people fooled and it makes no sense. He has charisma with them, but the charisma comes from nothing. He’s just a hollow, worthless, revolting void of a person, but that’s apparently the greatest thing they’ve ever seen.

14 Likes

Have I got this correct.

CO2 pipeline - bad. Keystone pipeline - good.

9 Likes

But… this is a MAGA-proof stock answer from Donald Trump?

1 Like

Here’s the thing - they’re not paying any attention to his lies or bloviation. They’re being heard. To directly quote Ravelry user Nator:

"He has validated and legitimized their racism, xenophobia, religious bigotry, antisemitism, sexism, homophobia, and their culture of white supremacy, and resentment, fear, and grievance of the Other. He communicated to them that they were right all along to blame other groups for everything wrong in the world and their lives.

They will remain loyal to him to their graves because of this alone."

14 Likes

Basically capturing CO2 from ethanol production and piping it to some area where it can be sequestered.

Half of the corn grown in Iowa is used for ethanol production, so it’s a big deal.

Whether it’s a good idea: it basically turns corn ethanol from dumping gasoline on the climate fire to just some oily rags. It’s technically better but it’s an ecological disaster either way.

10 Likes

It’s because you value honesty and intelligence. If you threw two nobel prize winners onstage to argue a very complex topic armed with every bit of verifiable and proven data, and a third person simply walked up and kicked the first two square in the balls, there is a certain kind of person who would legitimately think that third guy won the debate. Those are Trump voters.

And I’m not even kidding. The tough guy posturing is literally more important to them than any rational argument. This is base level monkey-who-screams-the-loudest throwing his own shit thinking, and I honestly don’t link liberals actually grasp that- There are no mental gymnastics over rationalizing, or bad faith arguments, or “real” motivations that we keep trying to project onto them- They really are just that fucking stupid.

A wall will stop illegal immigration. Government is a mess because of corrupt politicians. Bar fights settle disagreements. Every problem is literally that simple- one cause and one solution, no nuance, no deeper level or context or to anything. Moving beyond that requires a level of intellectual engagement that they simply aren’t fucking capable of. Even considering it wounds their pride because it implies they’ve been wrong about something.

Stupidity and pride. That’s it. Scratch the surface and all you’ll find is more surface.

15 Likes