Donald Trump suggests Hillary Clinton be shot to death for picking Supreme Court judges

14 Likes

That’s where people often go awry.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re thinking about the next prostitute to fuck!

When you assume…
My wife thinks that perhaps some HRC staffer simply noted that his son was one of the dead at the nightclub, without noting that he was the shooter. It would not be the first time that the name of a perpetrator was accidentally added to a list of victims. That would be a stupid, but honest mistake to make.

1 Like

The Declaration of Independence (which, as has been pointed out, is the source of your quote) has no weight in constitutional law.

3 Likes

You seem to be under the impression that one cannot hate the category that society has assigned you to.

2 Likes

Actually that’s recycled from even farther back, of course. Twenty years ago they were making the exact same claim over Bill, not Hillary, but still it’s the exact same claim.

8 Likes

It’s an overreaction to say that Trump is calling for Hillary Clinton to be killed with a gun. The Second Amendment refers, more generally, to “arms”, meaning weapons. He’s calling for her to be killed using some weapon.

6 Likes

­

###Whiskey.

##Tango.

#Foxtrot.

14 Likes

I have a fantasy that, when this is over, the GOP establishment start toning down their rhetoric rather than face another coup from their extremist elements. Also, in this fantasy, the GOP establishment are capable of rational decision making.

18 Likes

To be fair to the other side, that is a lot of the reasoning people give for voting Clinton even though I find no reason to vote for her.

To be fair to the other, other side, I feel like the GOP is a lot more inclined to do the dumb shit the “vote against Trump even if you don’t like Clinton” crowd is calling out.

Actually the FBI pays you a visit, they don’t call you in. But I’m just nit picking.

2 Likes

No, I am under no such impression. What does that have to do with what I said? I would not be quick to assume there is consensus among those who claim to speak for society.

You said:

where “acceptable” here was referring to it being “acceptable to hate someone for being a woman”. Your statement seems to carry the assumption that women won’t hate the category of women, i.e. misogyny by women. Otherwise why would it necessarily be “a loud minority”.

4 Likes

I always say, that if Clinton were guilty of half the stuff the Republicans have accused her of over the years, there wouldn’t be an election, she’d just be broadcasting over all the television screens from her secret island base, petting her cat. Trump would be in a trunk somewhere by now.

26 Likes

Not quite. I am sure that some can and do. I suppose I am presuming that most women are not misogynistic. That’s based upon my limited experience and not real statistics. But you also bring up the factor of categories applied by others verss categories chosen by self.

I don’t think it’s necessary, it’s simply what I observe. IF some men and most women think that a being a woman is deserving of every respect, then it would seem to follow that it is a loud minority of dissenters who are complaining. Of course have any segment of a population trying to label one and cause grief is a tedious and causes problems, whether it’s 49.9% or 00.01%. Even one griefer, stalker, or worse is one too many.

But I feel better that it is not everybody, or even most people.

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump hit a new low today by
suggesting at a campaign rally that “The Second Amendment” could prevent
Hillary Clinton from choosing Supreme Court Justices as President of
the United States.

This appears to be a fancy Trump way of saying to his “base” that she
should totally be assassinated, and specifically, shot to death with a
gun

In short, utter BS, and just your own putting words in his mouth.
There’s enough to dislike about Trump without having to spread lies likes this.
Pathetic even by regular clickbait standards. Sad to see Boing going this way.

Folks, there’s nothing to worry about here. Trump supporters are well-known for their grasp of nuance and their dedication to reading later-released written statements that explain such nuanced statements.

12 Likes

19 Likes

Random colouration of words in a title that you can’t decide if there’s a reason behind you’ve yet to discern or it’s just bad design?