Donald Trump surges in Iowa to historical high in latest poll

Originally published at: Trump hits historical high in poll

2 Likes

Headline is incomplete, how bout:

Donald Trump surges in Iowa to historical high OVER OTHER REPUBLICAN CANDIDATES in latest poll

I wonder what polls in Iowa indicate about his popularity over (or maybe under?) Biden.

24 Likes

I’d like to propose that henceforth, Vivek Ramaswamy be referred to as the “Little Pisser.”

15 Likes

Ill Allow It GIF

16 Likes

One of many reminders that the GOP has become a depraved cult.

14 Likes

Sure, the GQP is a cult, but in my mind, this has at least as much to do with how utterly lame the other candidates are. Nikki Haley? Vivek Ramaswamy? Don’t make me laugh.

6 Likes

The Lame Fascists is the name of their band.

8 Likes

true-storrry: (android) cell-phone jangled yesterday, glanced at screen: "Likely Scam". So since the bus wasn’t due for another twenty minutes answered it out of utter boredom: It was a national political poll, (which i didn’t take). And this minuscule event, dear listeners, helps to underscore for the notable inaccuracy of national polling, and their infamous skewed tendency to garner the very sharpest of responses -sigh-

10 Likes

I don’t know about Iowa but I saw this story today and it makes me nervous but it’s still way early in the game.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/11/politics/cnn-polls-trump-biden-michigan-georgia/index.html

Don’t know why previews aren’t working lately but here’s the headline.

CNN Polls: Trump leads Biden in Michigan and Georgia as broad majorities hold negative views of the current president

5 Likes

It is indeed, and as @theophrastus just noted, any political polling these days needs to be taken with large quantities of granular white condiment.

10 Likes

If the Iowans want him to be their king, then fine - let the orange dipshit be King of Iowa.

3 Likes

Frustrated Parks And Recreation GIF

2 Likes

The poll was of “502 likely Republican caucusgoers”, not anything like Iowans.

One would presume, that cult followers are more likely to take the effort to participate in a caucus.

6 Likes

… Trump ahead by 10%

RealClearPolitics - Election 2024 - Iowa: Trump vs. Biden

1 Like

So Biden is poised to win? :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

As long as they promise to build a wall around Iowa once he’s inside, I’m in favor of it.

Edit to add: /s => See also: Gallows humor.

1 Like

the last time i looked this up, i read that polling for primaries is usually fairly accurate – especially as voting day approaches. it’s general election polling that’s not very accurate; especially many months out.

i’d be curious to know what the “number of likely republican voters” in iowa looks like over time. i tried to find some numbers, but couldn’t… it could be that people fed up with ■■■■■ ( and/or the party ) intend not to vote, artificially boosting the fascist preference of the remainder.

eta:

( i’m going to have to start scrounging under the couch cushions for spare change, if i keep owing all these soft drinks )

eata, some links:

primaries:

general elections:

5 Likes

i dont want to live on this planet anymore GIF

2 Likes

… even polls right before the election mean nothing

3 Likes

Well, based on this it looks a lot different from South Carolina…

https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/registered-voters-by-party

1 Like