Donald Trump thinks the wheel was invented by Americans

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/01/25/donald-trump-thinks-the-wheel.html

3 Likes

The President is experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by…

27 Likes

Elon Must is from South Africa. I thought Trump didn’t like immigrants from Africa.

19 Likes

There are two kinds of immigrant: the wrong kind and the white kind.

41 Likes

Everyone knows that Henry Ford invented the wheel!

14 Likes

The interesting thing is that he shares a lot of qualities with some presidents of African countries:

Edit:
Another comparison, also by the awesome Trevor Noah:

17 Likes

More proof that we’re living in the dumbest timeline. After November we’ll know if we’re stuck in it.

19 Likes

To the extent that one can speak of Turmp “thinking”, I’m sure he doesn’t “think” that Americans invented the wheel. When he says that word he just means “the in-group”, i.e. white shithead Turmp-worshippers. It certainly doesn’t embrace non-white Americans, Democrats, women etc., but in his mind he probably does like to imagine that Jesus, Genghis Khan and whoever invented the wheel were “Americans”, i.e. that they would have bowed down before Turmp.

'Course, this whole conversation – and any other reaction to the things Bozo says – just feeds into his stupid. No amount of poking, sniffing or licking the turd will get it flushed any quicker.

9 Likes

Your Twitter-sourced argument about the wheel fails because the Inca “disadvantaged others in order to force them to perform the labor required to make the roads work” and traversed them by foot and with pack animals.

10 Likes

Mezoamerican cultures had wheels, they used them in children’s toys and stuff, but they didn’t use carts lacking animals to pull them. Horses evolved in America but were extinct there.

23 Likes

Frontotemporal dementia and malignant narcissism is a hell of a combo.

15 Likes

How about the fact that he seems to think Edison is still around and needs “protecting”?

8 Likes

If I had to guess perhaps he meant vulcanized rubber tires, but honestly this is Trump and he probably does think the wheel is an American invention

8 Likes

13 Likes

I was into rockets WAY before Elon Musk but do I get a call out from the Great Orange Dope?

21 Likes

Wheeled vehicles are also worth a lot more to those who can harness draft animals. Of which there are quite a few in Europe, Asia, and Africa. Not so the Americas.

Arguably the biggest advantage that Europeans had over Americans was just that: draft animals. Maybe someone is going to claim that those were invented by some prehistoric John Galt.

10 Likes

Donald Trump thinks?!!

13 Likes

Perhaps, but he’d be wrong there as well.

15 Likes

It’s okay - you’re not missing out.

8 Likes

Obviously what Trump meant to say was that American capitalists invented Hot Wheels.

7 Likes