Florida man Ron DeSantis refers to Elon Musk as "African American"

Originally published at: Florida man Ron DeSantis refers to Elon Musk as "African American" | Boing Boing

9 Likes

mad season 1 GIF by American Gods

I hate them both…

44 Likes

Reminds me of the time Charlize Theron joked about being African American when hosting SNL ( S26 E4 | 11/04/00, Charlize Theron’s monologue; she embraces her African American).

4 Likes

Which is not the same thing as a deeply racist fascist calling another deeply racist fascist an African American. The intent here is to downplay the political meaning of the term.

31 Likes

Well, he was born in South Africa, so I guess technically he’s of African descent. but is he an American citizen?

Also, I’m 100% certain DeSantis doesn’t understand any of this.

20 Likes

He keeps talking about voting, so I fucking hope he is… If not, he’s telegraphing his intent to commit voter fraud right there.

16 Likes

awww… these two are made for each other. tip them into a cement mixer and drive them about town. (“y’mean like Achilles dragged Hector’s body three times around Troy?” uh… yeah, something like that)

6 Likes

I completely agree.

3 Likes

Said DeSantis later “Elon Musk. . . he plays for the Lakers, right?”

2 Likes

Of course it goes without saying that most people understand the term is meant to refer to Americans who are descended from people whose ancestors never left the African continent during the human diaspora, not Americans descended from people whose European ancestors returned to the African continent as colonizers.

15 Likes

He’s a US citizen. At least according to the incorporation papers for Tesla.

6 Likes

It wasn’t me making any claim about his citizenship, but was merely replying to the person who said that… so maybe tell the person who said that, and not me. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yes, according to documentation from the SEC

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1418091/000110465922041911/tm2211482d1_sc13g.htm

5 Likes

Angry Jasmine Goode GIF by Bachelor in Paradise

1 Like

Thank you.

4 Likes

He really is the embodiment of Ignorance.

1 Like

You know we’re living in the Stupid Ages when politics in a nation that can reduce the entire planet to cinders is dominated by literal Twitter trolling

9 Likes

the damage that desantis is doing to children in his state is not “twitter tr0lling”, but real damage to real people. The racism and misogyny that employees at Musk’s companies are facing are not “twitter tr0lling”…

25 Likes

This has been the right’s thing for a while; asking the left why they don’t want to see an African-American succeed whenever progressives talk Musk down. They really think they’re quite clever, and they’ve really nailed you on a technicality.

4 Likes

The sooner musk becomes a martian, the better.

Not holding out any hopes for deSantis becoming a human any time soon, mind.

8 Likes