Donald Trump tries to pass himself off as a "brilliant young man" — and, naturally, it backfires

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/23/donald-trump-tries-to-pass-himself-off-as-a-brilliant-young-man-and-naturally-it-backfires.html

14 Likes

Christ, what an asshole

23 Likes

Another example of Trump demonstrating less self-awareness than a cartoon villain.

IMG_1894

40 Likes
15 Likes

23 Likes

Failed assassinee Donald J Trump just can’t seem to catch a break…

13 Likes

SAD!

/s

12 Likes

Now he has to get a pole and put number on it.

13 Likes

Many people are saying it!

12 Likes

Fred Trump failed to keep his children off the pole? Sad.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Trump would probably ask for a stripper…

9 Likes

Harris should hit him be back with “Dottering, feckless Drumpf”.

7 Likes

The thing that continues to blow my mind is that Trump keeps posting furious, barely-literate rants on Truth Social that make him look like an angry eight-year-old and neither his followers nor the press are saying “This guy ain’t right.”

I have seen my share of Internet weirdos, but I have never seen any adult who posted puerile drivel like that. It’s literally demented. And we’re supposed to take him seriously as a candidate for the task of running the country?

If you were applying for a job and the hiring manager came across a social media history that looked like that, you wouldn’t even get a call back, let alone an interview.

The degree to which normal standards of evaluation have been suspended in Trump’s case is jaw-dropping. It’s like he’s the leading beneficiary of an affirmative action program for the criminally insane. This is not normal, and neither is he.

33 Likes

He’s benefited from an impulse to normalise him. American society treats the office of President with great respect and deference, and extends that deference to the person who holds the office.

As a result of that culture of deference, the media treated Trump as a serious candidate, so he became a serious candidate. He became President and demolished every norm of acceptable Presidential conduct, and his norm-breaking was normalised. The judicial system treated him leniently because he was President or running for President and any attempt to bring him to justice was held to be interfering with the election and politicising justice.

21 Likes

Well, but he doesn’t want to govern, he wants to rule. And he has a whole team in place now to push through whatever backward, retrograde, reactionary agenda they want, as long as he gets to play god-king. :woman_shrugging: His actual competency doesn’t matter to his loyalists or those who wish to use him to implement a fascist state.

17 Likes

“Young man?” Trump, it’s a miracle you’re still alive to post your demented ramblings right now, at your age and condition. A lot of us aren’t sure you’ll make it to November, and that was before you had people shooting at you. I’d say you should drop out of politics and take what little time you have left to concentrate on the people and causes that really matter to you, if only you were human enough that anything did matter besides your admittedly toddler-level ego.

14 Likes

So the newspapers that have been running Biden’s old stories three per day for the past two months will all be running similar “Is this convicted felon too old to be president” stories daily, right? Right?

27 Likes

30 Rock Fellow Kids GIF by Peacock

13 Likes

Some of us are actively hoping and praying that he won’t.

20 Likes