Donald Trump's first tweet in years makes him X's laughing stock of the day

Originally published at: Donald Trump's first tweet in years makes him X's laughing stock of the day | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I read it as an exhortation that we must not rest in holding him accountable for his election interference

29 Likes

someone quest GIF

19 Likes

Somewhere, Devin Nunes is weeping knowing that what he thought was his … cash-cow is about to slide into further irrelevancy.

I’m surprised that it took the narcissistic grifter this long to jump ship from Pravda Social back to the larger and broader audience of Twitter. Perhaps the re-branding threw him off.

19 Likes

It took me a couple beats to realize the “ELECTION INTERFERENCE” part was meant to refer to the legal proceedings taking place against him rather than one of the crimes he’s been charged with.

IMAX can’t match this kind of projection.

41 Likes

Perhaps his agreement with Pravda Social listed all of the existing socials and said he could not post on Twitter…didn’t say anything about X though!

ETA: Also, yassified mugshots have begun to appear. Blurred for sensitive readers

From Garbage Day which also has a good discussion of the online reaction and activity around the mugshot and related events

15 Likes

The exclusive with Pravda expired in July, IIRC. Not that he’s ever been averse to violating a contract.

21 Likes

never give up… for some reason…

5 Likes

I do not think the United States Postal Service is planning to issue a new stamp.

12 Likes

10 Likes

The Confederates only surrendered once…

13 Likes

Rick Astley Pixel GIF

12 Likes

Well, he promised to never come back to Twitter, so apparently a month or two was as long as he could manage to hold out. If you put Trump in the “marshmallow experiment”, he’d immediately take all the marshmallows (and then insist he hadn’t, of course).

17 Likes

Separated at… actually there is no separation at all really. both PAB

I for one cannot wait until that stupid red hat is as reviled and forgotten as that stupid red armband.

23 Likes

The combination of heavy facial creasing and really harsh light and shadow make Trump look eerily like one of the Pendleton brothers from Dishonored; just older.

6 Likes

20 Likes

Tim-Allen-Mugshot-228x300

10 Likes

WTF is that nightmarish AI generated abomination?

15 Likes

And technically he didn’t…

12 Likes

I had to look this up:

17 Likes