Donald Trump's home at Mar-a-Lago raided by the FBI

Fuck that PoS ignorant traitor with a saguaro.

That is all.

12 Likes

What does that—how—I mean—the Obamas haven’t lived in Chicago since 2008 :confused:

9 Likes

He should probaly read this:

• The Obama Foundation made the decision in May 2017 not to construct a Presidential Library for NARA to house the paper records and physical artifacts. Instead, the Foundation intended to provide funding for the digitization of records so they could be made available online. NARA in turn announced a New Model for the Preservation and Accessibility of Presidential Records in a May 2017 press release.
  • Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted these plans. Digitization plans are on hold. With the Obama Presidential records becoming subject to Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests on January 20, 2022, NARA will process textual records in a traditional manner, with archival staff processing responsive textual records requested via FOIA from the textual record.
  • NARA will then digitize these processed records in the same manner records are digitized at other Presidential Libraries as part of the FOIA review and access process. Digitization of these processed records will occur after review/notification has been completed. The paper records will continue to be preserved as permanent records after digitization is complete.
  • NARA continues to retain legal and physical custody of the records and artifacts. NARA will maintain, preserve, and provide access to the Presidential records of the Obama administration, in accordance with the Presidential Records Act.
  • NARA will store and preserve the original materials in an existing NARA facility that meets NARA’s standards for archival storage.
  • The classified records have been relocated to the National Archives at College Park, MD, to facilitate their review for declassification as part of the work by the National Declassification Center (established by President Obama via Executive Order 13526) and in keeping with recommendations of the Public Interest Declassification Board.

while the Obama decision has been criticized by archivists, it’s depressingly clear that Trump’s criticisms are only tenuously connected with reality

13 Likes

Saguaros are a federally protected species! They can’t be sued for that.

7 Likes

They can use one that Trump had knocked down for his glorious border wall.

11 Likes

Oops. You’re right, I misread or mistyped that! :sweat_smile:

What a singularly appropriate result for the error, though!

5 Likes

Of course.

20 Likes

Mine too. Where’s the fun in power tools if you can’t use them absolutely anywhere?

3 Likes
31 Likes

That clears things up.
Explosion Reaction GIF

16 Likes

For authenticity, it should have been done with a gold sharpie.

10 Likes

Prediction: Biden will offer fRump a pardon* at some point.** Happily, accepting it means fRump will “acknowledge guilt” which will bar him from seeking office.

_* To pacify the crazies and emphasize that he’s not behind a witch hunt.

_** I hope this point is a period too far into the 2024 election build up for Desantis to have much national exposure.

5 Likes

I don’t think he will? At least I hope not.

14 Likes

One suggestion I’ve seen is Biden should pardon him on the least serious charge, and only that charge. No effect on punishment, and it’ll irk the heck out of him.

19 Likes

For this to have any real effect on our political landscape, there has to be consequences for this. There should have been consequences for Nixon back in the 70s…

23 Likes

Absolutely.

A pardon on a single, light charge is just twisting the knife.

7 Likes

Does one need to apply for a pardon, or can the president or governor provide unsolicited pardons?
I know they need to be “accepted” by the recipient, but am unclear on what needs to happen for them to be offered in the first place.

12 Likes

45 tried to give a few. Doesn’t mean it’s legal, and I honestly don’t know the legality.

3 Likes

I think the reference is when he hand-Sharpied an extra bubble to cover his error regarding a hurricane:

16 Likes

16 Likes