Donald Trump's lawyer suggested hush money was "illegal" and a "fraud" back in 2018 (surfaced video)

Originally published at: Donald Trump's lawyer suggested hush money was "illegal" and a "fraud" back in 2018 (surfaced video) | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Isn’t that a conflict of interest?

11 Likes

Do you think Trump cares? Or this lawyer?

12 Likes

Doesn’t it disqualify him from representing Trump?

8 Likes

Could be, but I guess a judge would have to make that determination?

But I’m guessing that Trump is literally scraping the bottom of the barrel on lawyers, and does not have a lot of options, since the people who keep representing him, keep ending up in trouble themselves.

13 Likes

… and Trump keeps on stiffing them on their payment.

8 Likes

Well, that too, but I’m guessing that Guiliani would still be representing Trump, despite that, if he was not in trouble with the courts themselves…

4 Likes

If the search for justice/satisfaction from pointing out Republican hypocrisy is feeling fruitless, I think we’re going in the wrong direction digging for it with lawyers. Next you’ll tell me a lawyer has different strongly-held beliefs on murder when he’s defending a murder suspect vs. conducting a civil suit against a convicted murderer. The real mistake is having an interested lawyer positioned as a talking head…

4 Likes

Right now his key defense seems to rest on slamming Michael Cohen as a sleazebag with zero credibility who has a long history of working as a professional fixer for crooks.

Which, OK, fair point, but…

11 Likes

Oh, mr tapioca, you are a silly pudding!

2 Likes

“Does Mr. Cohen seem like an honest and reputable man to you? After all, he has publicly admitted to working for Donald Trump, a man with a history of duplicity and multiple connections to organized crime, a possible money-launderer, an accused rapist, a presumed agent of foreign governments, a client of women of ill-repute. Ask yourselves, ladies and gentlemen, what kind of decent lawyer would work for a man like that? No, I think we can legitimately assume that Mr. Cohen is as sleazy as his sometime employer, and discount everything he says.”

6 Likes

Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.