Donny Osmand pleases crowd with killer Bowie cover

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/03/donny-osmand-pleases-crowd-with-killer-bowie-cover.html

1 Like

Covering Bowie while channeling Elton John.

10 Likes

oliverar

3 Likes

a 1975 tune called “Fame,” was originally sung by the late David Bowie, a British pop singer of no mean talent himself.

I guess I’m old because you could have just said “Fame”.

7 Likes

@frauenfelder Headline has typo - Osmond not Osmand.

1 Like

Is a lip sync performance really a “cover”?

2 Likes

Plot twist: Somebody will eventually uncover the knowledge that it was in fact David Bowie who was covering Donny Osmond’s song all along.

3 Likes

The original title of “Diamond Dogs” was “Puppy Love”.

10 Likes

its spelled Donny Ozymandias

3 Likes

Well, the underlying track doesn’t disappear if you lip synch to it…

The ghost of John Lennon (who has a songwriting credit on “Fame”) is laughing and shaking his head.

Well, that’s appropriate, for a post about cover versions:

" Ozymandias " (/ˌɒziˈmændiəs/ oz-ee-MAN-dee-əs )[1] is the title of two related sonnets published in 1818. The first was written by the English Romantic poet Percy Bysshe Shelley (1792–1822) …

Shelley wrote the poem in friendly competition with his friend and fellow poet Horace Smith (1779–1849), who also wrote a sonnet on the same topic with the same title. Smith’s poem was published in The Examiner three weeks after Shelley’s, on February 1, 1818.

3 Likes

Listen to my singing, ye mighty, and despair.

9 Likes

“pleases” “killer” “cover”

4 Likes

That performance hits a strange note. Too competent to condemn, but too cringey to compliment.

1 Like

This is fecking horrible and it sucked the biggest set of monkey balls in history…

2 Likes

I haven’t heard it and probably won’t, but seeing your comment applied to D.O. can’t help but make me smile.

3 Likes

My favorite variation is from Bowie’s A Reality Tour:

2 Likes

Look on my feelers, termites, and despair
I am the biggest ant you’ll ever see

2 Likes

Just another future song, lonely little kitsch

3 Likes