Don't discuss the environment if you're brown and British (Ahmed Mohamed with UK characteristics)

Um, it’s called job security… If none of the kids get radicalized, then your anti-extremism policies are going to look pretty stupid.

16 Likes

Which not that long ago would have included the Irish, in the UK anyway: ages ago I worked with a woman who described how she had been (briefly) questioned by police in connection with the Birmingham pub bombings, purely on the basis of her Irish surname, and she was as Brummie as they come.

3 Likes

Oh ye of little faith in the young ones!

14 Likes

Honey Boo Boo has come a long way…

8 Likes

Why is the left so tame that it can be picked on and spat at with impunity? I’d love* to see the same thing happen to a teenager making England First remarks or see a White kid get arrested at a science fair, but it’s never those kids, is it?

*Actually, no I wouldn’t but you get my point.

8 Likes

Literally every adult involved in this fiasco needs to learn how terrified and manipulated a person can be made to feel by being taken to a fucking inclusion centre.

Fuck the pig-fucking Tories right in their pig-fucking mouths.

And fuck the jobsworths, clutching their fucking necklaces and muttering under their breath about how they’re not racist, but
Surely we can find appropriate jobs for them mopping the floors of their favourite politician’s torture dungeons.

ETA:

I just want to leave this here so I can ruminate on all of the doublethink, racism and preposterously misjudged deference to badly misunderstood interpretations of a hideously constructed ‘duty’.

The school added: “This safeguarding step can not be criticised, as the school had due regard to its overarching duty to safeguard pupils and the need to prevent them being drawn into terrorism.”

It cannot be criticised. It is perfect. And in order to fully implement such perfection we must be, as much as possible, immune to common sense and embody fascism in our knee-jerk, reactionary and empty-headed compliance.

14 Likes

Foucault-esque Honey Boo Boo is now officially my new favourite meme.

7 Likes

I think @alahmnat was making a joke about al-Qaede training camps…

But I think you actually have a spectacular idea there. But this should be true for all kids.

2 Likes

I know! I know! Hasn’t the UK had just as many problems with young right wingers as we’ve had here in the US? I mean, race riots in the 60s and 70s, right (and into the 80s, with the rise of Skrewdriver?)? But yeah, that’s generally chalked up to “lads being lads” not a problem that needs to be addressed by the state.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Nice catch! May the young ones all get infected by Foucault Fever.

12 Likes

Yeah, I was aiming for a training camp joke… not sure if it was executed well enough though. Perhaps it needed a wink at the end. I’m glad someone got it anyway :smile:

2 Likes

That is a thing of beauty and awesomeness.

1 Like

Agreed!

And even if, for the sake of argument, we stipulate that the “safeguarding step” is actually necessary:

If you cause more harm than you prevent, you’re doing it wrong!

5 Likes

Couldn’t resist. Great find.

8 Likes

Maybe a series of training and motivational videos should be sufficient.

WTF is an “inclusion centre” anyway? It doesn’t sound like they are in the business of including pupils into the community; quite the opposite, in fact. Is it refering to the staff needing to be “in-clued”, possibly with a 2-by-4?

4 Likes

2 + 2 = 5

4 Likes

Sounds like a bloody euphemism, akin to the Ministries of Peace, Love, Truth, and Plenty–as they decide whether “inclusion” in the school is merited.

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/education/about-us/inclusion/inclusion-centre.html

But I’m one of those foreigners.

6 Likes

It’s one of those things that has evolved over time. Historically, the school would have kicked him out for a number of days and called it exclusion. Now there’s usually a dedicated room for students that are excluded, and since it’s not an exclusion it’s called an inclusion.

Exclusion mostly happens only when a kid is too dangerous to be in inclusion, or refuses to behave in inclusion.

5 Likes