Don't "Keep Calm"; Scream, Rage and Break Shit

meh all the gifs…

have we done beaker yet?

ETA this was pretty much me inside my head last night.

18 Likes

No one rages like a Arya!

Maybe Ser Davos?

17 Likes

Whoah! Chill out man! I got rage, too!

17 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

6 Likes

14 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes

9 Likes

Had a few Destiny PvP matches tonight at > 3.25 k/d. Not feeling a ton better, but a bit.

rekt.

4 Likes

To Donald (I refuse to call you Mr President)

8 Likes

I kinda sorta keep things in need of breaking around instead of immediately tossing them out. When anger levels and frustration with terrible object collide, catharsis may begin.

For everyone who thought I was nuts to move to the Detroit area, I remind you that it was just as defensive and strategic in 1995 as it is today.

13 Likes

My wife is Latina on her father’s side, and Japanese one her mother’s. For all that you and I are angry, I promise you it doesn’t hold a candle to her absolutely righteous rage. I’m genuinely worried enough that I moved my flight back to Texas up by two days.

I had a nice long talk with two of my colleagues. One is Japanese; I could explain why having a heart-to-heart with a Westerner is a courageous act for him, but just trust me that he saw where I was and wanted to help. The other is German, I think the densest person knows what his motivation is. After they calmed my panicky butt down, they both explained some things to me.

America has been sliding into the vortex for 60 years, and the world has been trying to not get pulled in with us. Our Dream has been becoming Earth’s Nightmare for that long. I’m as guilty as anyone of hoping Trump was the last gasps of the American Right, of believing he was the death-knell of the GOP. And the people I work with, who care about me and mine and them and theirs, made a damn good point, that in four or eight yeas, when this Discount Fascist is voted out, America will pat itself on the back, and ignore what’s really going on.

55.6% of eligible voters cast ballots in this election, even after the FBI brazenly endorsed a Discount Fascist. This isn’t the sign of a changing tide. This is the sign of a tide that’s been marching US for more than half a century. It goes far far beyond this one election, and whatever chance we have left depends on enough of us seeing that; but it will come for naught if we go back to smug embubblement when Orange Shitler is voted out of office.

23 Likes

Huh?  

3 Likes

I was gonna let that one go. Could be deliberate, could be typo, but it kinda works either way.

14 Likes

I’d say even longer than that; since at least the end of the second world war.

7 Likes

At the end of WWII, big business got together with a bunch of psychologists and decided that “the enemy” was us; a citizenry that was stoic, self reliant and frugal… And they figured out ways to market to us that would chip away at those virtues, turning us into easily distracted complacent morons who are easy to manipulate and control.

It worked remarkably well; too well, in fact. That’s how we went from ‘Keeping up with the Joneses’ in the 1950’s to ‘Greed is Good’ in the 1980’s, and we’ve been on a downward spiral of self absorbed apathy ever since.

17 Likes