Don't "Keep Calm"; Scream, Rage and Break Shit

Amen; I had said for years that if I made it to 30 without kids, then I just wasnt going to have any.

I got pregnant at 29. (In the Caribbean, where I ran because of existential crisis due to GWB being president, ironically.)

Even after 2000, I still had so much hope for the people if this country. Not anymore; it’s obvious too many people don’t care about anyone but themselves.

Now I’m stuck trying to figure out how best to survive multiple worst case scenarios.

And I have a knot in the pit of my stomach that likely won’t be going away for a long while.

ETA:

13 Likes
4 Likes

Not ragey enough! (but I DO love that gif)… How about this one?

8 Likes

5 Likes

In the past two days, I’ve learned that Hamilton makes for some pretty effective primal scream therapy if you sing along loud enough.

My throat hurts.

6 Likes

We’re watching The Crown at the moment, and I keep expecting Prince Philip to take out a sonic screwdriver.

7 Likes

7 Likes

Is the Crown any good?

Also, so as to not be off-topic and get a spanking from @Melizmatic, here is a ragey gif:

7 Likes

6 Likes

If you like weirdly quiet under-done dramas, then yes. Several of my friends have fallen asleep trying to watch it and have given up.

I know too much about the fucking monarchy. We have been from Bow Road but we were still monarchists. :slight_smile:
Also, fuck the Duke of Windsor, you spoiled fucking windbag! Ugh! I hate him so much!!!

4 Likes

You guys are seriously conflating the threads.

:wink:

6 Likes

6 Likes

I like it – it’s not fast paced and there aren’t really any surprises if you know the family history, but it does a good job of showing the relationships between the main characters. The attention to detail is really good too.

On topic again: It’s a bit difficult to process all of this: I guess it’s mitigated a little by the fact that (IMO, at least) a Clinton presidency wouldn’t have been a good result, although there would have been many positive things about it. It does feel like 2016 has been a series of worst case scenarios though.

Well, at least Germany isn’t going to make the same mistake and reactively swing to the right, right?

7 Likes

Over the next four years, when a police officer shoots a black person, Trump will be there to give his views on it. When there’s a terrorist attack, Trump will be the spokesman for America. When an important decision needs to be made, he will be the one making it. When there’s another rape scandal, Trump will be there to dismiss it. When there’s a White House reception for dignitaries or the public, Trump will be hosting it. When urgent change needs to be done on climate change, healthcare or many other issues, Trump will be there to roll back any progress that’s already been made. We’re going to see his face and hear him speak a lot over the next few years, and ignoring him as irrelevant won’t even be an option.

14 Likes

Unless he strokes out.

I’m still secretly hoping for that to happen… but then we’re left with Pence.

12 Likes

Musical interlude.

And a gif.

12 Likes

That ‘Pinky Pie, enraged’ gif is so spot on.

Yoink.

7 Likes

(╯*益*)╯︵ ┻━┻

┻━┻ ︵╰ (*益*╰)

5 Likes

14 Likes

This one seems particularly apropos…

:wink:

5 Likes