Dr. Phil is selling a tacky nightmare palace he owns

Ted Nugent asked Tim Burton to design a house they can both enjoy.

1 Like

I take it none of you noticed this.

4 Likes

Does it say fuck on the clownish painting?

Money is so wasted on the rich.

2 Likes

I dunno. It seems kind of cool. And it could be worse…

3 Likes

Not even a real lion. Loser.

6 Likes

That’s because they couldn’t find the BIGGEST lion.

And Jesus H. Christ. What the hell is going on with that leg.

2 Likes

Now there’s a floor crying out for marbles and Lego bricks.

3 Likes

You guys are no fun anymore. I like it. Living there the decor would become wearying I grant, but I don’t think most of us have to worry about that.

3 Likes

Fun = Liking tacky decor?

4 Likes

Sorta.
But there is a difference between wanting to spend a night at The Madonna Inn and wanting to live there.

4 Likes

“Our staircase is based on the very same one Jesus used in the Harrowing of Hell.”

2 Likes

I’m not sure Dr. Phil really counts as a “liberal” by the standards of American politics. There’s not much out there indicating his political affiliations—unsurprisingly, he probably doesn’t want to alienate any viewers—but he does appear in several (poorly sourced) lists of celebrities who lean conservative, apparently because he donated to a Republican campaign back in the 90s.

3 Likes

Agree, some of the stuff here might be cool/funky on its own but it’s too much and just ends up looking like a dogs breakfast.

Fortunately the utility of the question “So how’s that working out for you” isn’t dependent on the fine taste of the person asking the question.

1 Like

I can’t quite shake the feeling that if this exact house were owned by a handyman (we can explain away the money by saying they built it over 30 years a la One Piece at a Time) the tone of the post would be “what a happy mutant” instead of “how gauche”

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but Dr. Phil always irked me. It seemed like he was getting sadistic lulz by beating up on people with problems, under the guise of “tough love”.

1 Like

5 Likes

And house that working out for you?

1 Like

That and having no license to practice psychology.

2 Likes