Driver abandons car on tracks of an oncoming train

Other than that one big dent the car seemed fine.

5 Likes

Yeah, it looked like she did what too many people do and didn’t wait until the vehicle in front of her cleared before entering the Danger Zone.

Or maybe she thought that this is one way to get a new car out of her insurance company.

4 Likes

I like how the in the internet age you don’t need to know anything about a person or a situation in order to judge them, you can just shit on random strangers with whatever incomplete fragmentary scraps of information you have.

18 Likes

So why did she flee the scene?

1 Like

I hope the folks who erected the far side barriers have statistics to show that they prevent more harm than they cause. This incident argues against that.

1 Like

Fear and adrenalin imo.

I was in a crew cabin ford pickup truck, standard shift when my mom, driving, missed the clutch and truck stalled on tracks with train approaching. Rural crossing with only flashing lights. Mom panicked trying to restart out of gear. Long story short, she engaged the engine in first gear and we survived barely, train was blowing its horn the whole while. Frankly I was ready to bail out and save my own self if she had not engaged the engined and moved.

6 Likes

The new railroad crossings in PA don’t even have barriers lol.

You didn’t tell them about the pennies?!

13 Likes

I grew up in a small town where trains go by every 20 minutes or so. - with the half barriers. Sometimes you gotta do the zig zag. Like they are obviously stuck malfunctioning with no train and the nearest detour takes you 10 miles out of the way. It’s scary though. I’d always wait a long time and creep up and see if I can see a train in the distance or something. Other people seem to throw caution to the wind and zoom through. In any case you never wanna do the zig zag when a train is actually coming. That’s insane. Real Life is not like a James Bond film or whatever. That’s not gonna end well.

1 Like

Har, yes… well, in Canada, debasing coins is a crime

2 Likes

I used to have a deep dark fear (I should submit it to that comic) of getting my foot stuck in the small gap between the tracks and the cross walk over railroad tracks. I had to cross them every day on the way to elementary school in my town. A variation on the stalled car fear.

7 Likes

Because you don’t want to be too close to a car getting plowed by a train???

1 Like

I bet my 74 Mercury Monterey would’ve derailed that train. /s

Image not the exact car I owned…

4 Likes

Looks like you’re not the only one with that phobia…

1 Like
7 Likes

I used to have a '66 Ford Galaxie, that thing was a TANK!

1 Like

Ironically “the uploader has not made this video available in your country” . My guess: it details more anti-Canadian activities

2 Likes

I KNOW! A late model Honda hit my rear fender at maybe 30 mph in 1984, and my car sustained a palm-sized dent.

3 Likes

I don’t mean why did she leave her vehicle. I meant, why did she flee the scene entirely?

2 Likes

had a 1977 LTD looked very much the same (colour, length, beam)

2 Likes