Driver crashes into backyard and plows through a swimming pool

“… and cleaned your windows and roof, at no extra cost.”

8 Likes

I can almost hear the first words out of her mouth when the police officer got to her.
“That pool came right at me!”

6 Likes

Looks as though they could have already been going pre-crash, just at a low setting. Right after the car clears the pool you see the wipers moving back down.

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks like it might be a vinyl fence which are basically just landfill trash in waiting. Even the prefab wood fences they sell at Lowe’s et al are pretty shabby and often just assembled with brads and staples.

4 Likes

Also, was there a cut in the video ? How the F does the police arrive in 1 minute ?
That was sitcom-level reaction time.

Officer, it was a stand-your-ground situation! I felt my life was in danger.

4 Likes

Just after the cop asked her: “Who do you think you are, madam? Keith Moon?”

(Makes a change from Stirling Moss.)

5 Likes

That water has some fantastic Mel Brooks level comedic timing. Waiting just a little bit before it’s last little dousing.

5 Likes

“Impact Attenuator”
Invented by John Fitch, a descendant of the steamboat guy. Civil engineer, WW II fighter pilot, Race car driver, auto safety advocate.
John Fitch (racing driver) - Wikipedia

2 Likes

This. This is the best comedy bit I’ve seen in years.

3 Likes

40+ replies and no Wipe Out?

I am ‘disappoint…’ but simultaneously glad that no one was injured.

9 Likes

The staging of this video was perfect.

The placement of the camera at just the right height and angle to catch the entire action, the size of the pool being just right to absorb enough of the impact to stop the car just shy of the house, the path of the vehicle threading the needle through the fence and centering the pool, and as other people have mentioned, the comedic touch of the wipers and the second dousing washing back off the roof.

Forget the moon landing, I think this was faked :wink:

7 Likes

Oh, very well done sir! Chapeau! :clap:t2:

“ I feel her pain. Driving in the same area since 1977 and all of a sudden it’s all changed. Now there is a home where a road used to be. Muscle memory is a cruel thing.”
Especially when delivering ‘za’s for Uncle Enzo…

6 Likes

Who can resist a Snow Crash reference?

4 Likes

Not me, that’s for sure! :grin:

4 Likes

I mean, it implies “I took this video they posted for their friends, possibly without even making it public, and reposted it here for likes, possibly without them even knowing.” Just saying friend would imply they had sent them the video.

1 Like

The car didn’t launch into the air, that was the pool cover.

2 Likes

Word!

1 Like

The UBlock Origin adblocking extension (chrome and firefox) will fix that. I use some others, too, but that one’s the best.

Yup, you’re right. But the car still ended up ON the tramp, and in cartoonland it would be hilarious.

I’m glad to see that the windshield wipers were on. I’m sure that helped.