Driver crashes into backyard and plows through a swimming pool

This. This is the best comedy bit I’ve seen in years.

3 Likes

40+ replies and no Wipe Out?

I am ‘disappoint…’ but simultaneously glad that no one was injured.

9 Likes

The staging of this video was perfect.

The placement of the camera at just the right height and angle to catch the entire action, the size of the pool being just right to absorb enough of the impact to stop the car just shy of the house, the path of the vehicle threading the needle through the fence and centering the pool, and as other people have mentioned, the comedic touch of the wipers and the second dousing washing back off the roof.

Forget the moon landing, I think this was faked :wink:

7 Likes

Oh, very well done sir! Chapeau! :clap:t2:

“ I feel her pain. Driving in the same area since 1977 and all of a sudden it’s all changed. Now there is a home where a road used to be. Muscle memory is a cruel thing.”
Especially when delivering ‘za’s for Uncle Enzo…

6 Likes

Who can resist a Snow Crash reference?

4 Likes

Not me, that’s for sure! :grin:

4 Likes

I mean, it implies “I took this video they posted for their friends, possibly without even making it public, and reposted it here for likes, possibly without them even knowing.” Just saying friend would imply they had sent them the video.

1 Like

The car didn’t launch into the air, that was the pool cover.

2 Likes

Word!

1 Like

The UBlock Origin adblocking extension (chrome and firefox) will fix that. I use some others, too, but that one’s the best.

Yup, you’re right. But the car still ended up ON the tramp, and in cartoonland it would be hilarious.

I’m glad to see that the windshield wipers were on. I’m sure that helped.

All that scene needed was a punk sk8r grrrrl hanging onto the bumper.

2 Likes

My house has been hit by cars three times in 14 years. I installed a guerilla bollard in the parking strip disguised as a garden feature. Each time was a drunk driver at night and it felt like an earthquake. Scary shit.

5 Likes

They shall not pass

6 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text

1 Like

Anyway, this is hands down the best possible outcome of a situation that could have ended so, so much worse.

3 Likes

Yeah, if you have to hit something random with your car a block of water is certainly among the best choices.

2 Likes

She technically created a tsunami

2 Likes

Driver was Black. Cops spawn in at incidents where they are involved.