Driver pulled over for sitting in a lawn chair behind the wheel

In an ironic twist, he was on his way to recover his stolen driver’s seat from the police station. /s

4 Likes

Came here to see this. Wasn’t disappointed.

2 Likes
1 Like

Probably not; the car companies occasionally do stupid things like making seats that are for passenger or driver side.

2 Likes

::raises hand meekly:: …guilty?

To be fair, it was a screen door that I thought would fit in the car with the back seats and passenger seats fully down, and when that turned out to not be the case, ended up using bungee cords to hold it down to the roof through the passenger windows, and with a hand through the open sunroof to keep the thing from bending upwards. I also stuck firmly in the outermost lane, had the hazard lights on, and kept it under 25 mph for the trip from the store to the house. (I still had a line of cars behind me, because no one thought to use the inside lane to pass me… :eyeroll:)

I have a truck now, and if it don’t fit in the cargo bed, there’s a problem. :smiley:

6 Likes

The use of bungee cords puts you way ahead of the curve! :wink:

5 Likes

I was waiting to make a left turn near a Home Depot when I heard a loud scraping sound and a Mercedes crossed the intersection in front of me. The driver had his arm out the window, holding on to his newly purchased ladder that had slid off the roof and was now grinding on the pavement.

It was a busy six-lane street. I don’t know how far he had to go before he could find a place to pull over and rethink his life choices.

7 Likes

Was he ever able to make it to Florida?

3 Likes

Post Secret would be a better forum for this but, here goes- There was a used van I bought many years ago that was great until winter hit & I discovered there was no heat & I was driving 45 minutes to an hour to jobs. I had an Aladdin kerosene heater that burned very clean, no real odor, so I put it between the front seats & fired it up. I can’t believe I didn’t have a sudden stop that didn’t pitched it & set fire to the damned van. Eventually I’d just use it to warm up the truck, then put it out while rolling. The good old days. May they never come again.

10 Likes

Did once a trash bag window replacement. Was driving out an underground garage and rolled down the window to swipe the card for opening the gate, but when tried to roll it up, a loud crack sound alerted me that something bad happened and the windows was stuck half open, and was raining. So with some duct tape and a piece of a bag I closed the opening and proceeded to home carefully, and went to a bodyshop at walking distance from home to get the window repaired.

2 Likes

I considered doing that once when a window on my car got stuck (no cracking, though). All of my windows were down while I was trying to dry out the car after water got inside. After the cleanup, one window wouldn’t go more than 1/4 of the way back up. It turned out to be stuck because of debris from a tree that was wedged between the glass and the molding. Not sure why it went down without a problem. :woman_shrugging:t4:

From the layers of bag and tape I’ve seen on the street, some people leave it until forced to do a replacement. It would’ve been hard for me to go that route long-term, because my inspection date was coming up within weeks. Oddly enough, I once had a mechanic destroy a side mirror so that my car would pass inspection. In PA, only one side mirror is required and my passenger side mirror was cracked. By removing the mirror and the wires, it was acceptable - even though it looked worse with everything pulled out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.