Driver pulled over for sitting in a lawn chair behind the wheel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/02/driver-pulled-over-for-sitting-in-a-lawn-chair-behind-the-wheel.html

2 Likes

That takes hoopty to a whole new level. Impressive.

5 Likes

Was the driver named Red Green?

12 Likes

I didn’t know Pier 1 made car seats…

3 Likes

Lack of duct tape leads me to believe that the answer is a no.

13 Likes
6 Likes

I mean, if the factory seat was broken I’m pretty sure they could’ve moved the passenger side seat over?

2 Likes

I guess the lack of headrest was really noticeable…or police in Canada have better eyesight. Around here, cops don’t notice all kinds of moving violations - or things falling off vehicles. :woman_shrugging:t4:

5 Likes

Phht. I had an old VW that I got for free from a friend’s uncle. It was missing front seats. I dropped a milk crate behind the wheel and drove it the 50 miles home.

5 Likes

He’s lucky he never got in a wreck where it would have become a “launch” chair.

2 Likes

Didn’t the Citroën 2cv have removable front seats to use at the beach?

3 Likes

Pretty sure everyone has memorable scenes stuck in their head of “Why is that car not being cited?” Among mine are the car with what appeared to be a madly bouncing lawnmower chassis in place of a rear axle, and the one riding on the rim with a storm of sparks spewing out the side and back.

5 Likes

Come on, now, who among us has not done this?

2 Likes

Mine involve seeing creative use of duct tape to keep broken parts from completely falling off, trash bag window replacements, and people transporting things on the roof of the car by sticking their arms out the windows and holding onto them with their hands. I try to move far away after sightings like that last one. Sometimes there’s a group conference on the shoulder of the road looking at the mattress, door, or some other large object that slid right off. I figure they’re trying to come up with Plan B. :grimacing:

8 Likes

Weren’t the original Mini’s front seats essentially lawn chairs?

1 Like

I was hoping for Lawnchair Larry (rest his soul) but no such luck. Not enough balloons.

Fiat 500 Jolly. Grandfathered the street legal status of course.

11 Likes

Canada, eh?redgreen

10 Likes

My initial thought was that this was a car that had been modified to be driven from a wheelchair, and when someone who doesn’t use a wheelchair needed to drive it they put the lawn chair in.

Doesn’t look like this is the case, though- wrong kind of car, and no wheelchair tie-downs or hand controls visible in the photo.

1 Like