Driver sees woman covered in snow on park bench and calls ambulance, finds out woman isn't human

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/13/driver-sees-woman-covered-in-s.html

6 Likes

I guess the concerned driver was unaware of the statue of limitations.

(I’ll just see myself out now.)

19 Likes

I bet that’s the same woman that lets her kids run around town unattended, thinks she can just camp out all day on that bench. Scofflaw.

bollards

8 Likes

Not only was she covered in snow, she was previously turned to stone! Oh, the humanity!

6 Likes

Definitely a DNR on that one.

3 Likes

911, what’s your emergency?

There’s a person standing on the ledge of a building! I think they’re going to jump!

Ok, first can you tell me if this person has a pair of wings and is maybe baring their fangs in a vicious snarl?

Ahhhh let’s see…yes, yes, looks that way. Please hurry!

Ok, not to worry. That’s a gargoyle.

1 Like

The statue is actually called “The Lady in the Park…”

Well, now they’re gonna call it “The Dead Lady in the Park.”

3 Likes

There’s a statue of a construction worker sitting on a park bench with a lunch box a block from my work. It freaks me out almost every time I walk past - there’s always the moment of mental adjustment from “there’s a person” to “something is wrong with that person” to “oh yeah, that statue.”

There was one at the university I went to of a person on a study break petting a cat. Didn’t trip me out the same way for some reason - I think it was slightly less naturalistic.

2 Likes

How can somebody live in Britain and not know that they only move when nobody is looking at them?!?

9 Likes

Rule #1: Never piss off a gorgon.

2 Likes

Remember this one?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/05/21/statue-man-underwear-vandalized-wellesley-college/g2xx1RmAcmpy9YK0YHuJAN/amp.html

3 Likes

Nah. She’s pining for the fjords.

7 Likes

… and of the limitations of statues!

2 Likes

Just another ELO fan.

this one? image

That’s the one.

And here’s the one from university (I guess I misremembered him as petting a cat).agriculture-al-inset

1 Like

My favourite from the park with the construction worker is the one a friend described as “Winston Churchill covered in Bees”

3 Likes

Made me LOL!

I have gone on calls where an inflatable santa is called in as a house fire, the bottom half of a scarecrow is a murder victim and a woman gives birth to a lamp. A lot.