Drug price-hiker Martin Shkreli arrested on fraud charge

OMG… wouldn’t it be the best thing ever if the whole selling him the album thing was part of an elaborate sting to get him in jail? I mean, I know it’s not, but GAWD wouldn’t that be a magical end to a shitty year?

4 Likes

The only real difference is that the people in this game longer know how to avoid getting caught.

3 Likes

This. And how much of not getting caught is just not having a high enough profile that people care to start looking?

From what I read today, Shkreli had people looking into his financials before he launched his bid to be Mr. America’s Most Punchable Face 2015. But I would be willing to bet a solid chunk of money I don’t have that there are dozens to hundreds more guys engaged in this exact same fraudulent transaction. The FBI just doesn’t seem to bother with them (or needs to commit resources elsewhere) because they are “only” doing it to the tune of a few million and they have lower profiles.

3 Likes

Now I’m picturing the RZA turning to the camera and winking. So thanks for that.

2 Likes

John Scalzi’s recipe for Schadengfreude Pie:

1 Like

Brown sugar, corn syrup, AND molasses? Yikes! At least pecan pie provides some protein to go with that level of sugar.

2 Likes

It sweetens the blow.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.