Drunk Hot Yoga teacher “exposed newly augmented breasts” to teen boys at bar mitzvah

I suspect that teaching a teenage boy that he was “raped” by being shown a pair of breasts does more harm to him than the actual act.

3 Likes

Suuuuuuuuure… a rapist and a apee-er totally wind up on exactly the same lists. Uh huh.

Tyranny is the deliberate removal of nuance. What you don’?

And more importantly, why?

So because it’s “a legal definition”, people should assume that it is coherent, non-contradictory, and applicable? It doesn’t bear thinking about, then?

If people actually label finding a place to urinate a “sex act”, then yes, the definitions do need to be considered.

Because it’s a prudish, sex-negative culture? It wouldn’t be the first victimless crime imagined into being by some authoritarian moralists.

2 Likes

Well, clearly it’s the FIRST thing people need to be so sensitive about, then?

There are sex offender lists. If you’re on one, your life will suck. I’m sure it depends on the state as to how much it will suck. I’m pretty sure it’s the laws in the various states that lack nuance. I have to say, I really am having difficulty understanding what your point it, and what exactly you’re railing about.

5 Likes

You are so good at that - misunderstanding comments, attributing dastardly motives, and then utterly refuting something that nobody actually said. I think, in rhetoric, there’s a technical term for that.

1 Like

You’re the one who brought “cis” into the conversation; I don’t think that it has any bearing - we were discussing a “hetero boy”'s presumed attraction to breasts – whether this is a “born-as-a-boy hetero-boy” or “not-born-as-a-boy-but-identifies-as-a-boy-now hetero boy” is immaterial. It’s not gilding the lily, but it’s throwing an unnecessary qualifier. The qualifier (“cis”) doesn’t invalidate the category, but removing the qualifier increases the size of the category, without changing the results (except for the exceptions I noted related to legs and butts).

If we really want to be pedantic, I want to know what sort of augmentations “augmented” refers to; I was really hoping something digital or bionic.

3 Likes

I always though that peeing laws were so heavily punitive in order to eliminate the homeless problem from cities no matter the price to taxpayers. Urination/defecation are the two natural acts that everyone does but can be definition shoehorned with some work as sexual crimes to bring the big hammer down. You can’t really make a good felony case with lifetime registry for sleeping on a sidewalk.

4 Likes

I enjoy looking at men, men I trust and give my permission to. That doesn’t mean I want a strange guy exposing himself to me - especially when I was younger and inexperienced. I don’t see why it’s different for a boy.

You’re right that indecent exposure is not equal to rape. My bad. But, I was just making a point that participating in a sex act where one person is incapacitated is not the same as doing that same thing with someone who is willing, whether you are a boy or a girl.

On a personal note, like most women, I’ve had various men do creepy things to me - starting when I was about 15 and the dad I was babysitting for took me home via an extra tour of the neighborhood and tried to grope me and on to this past year when a massage therapist started going places he wasn’t supposed to. I felt like when I was younger it was worst; being more experienced sexually it was easier for me to segregate out the bad touching from the good in my mind, and to see that I was not responsible for what these molesters were doing to me. The experiences I had when I was young were much more confusing and upsetting even though in a lot of ways the things that happened more recently went further.

5 Likes

[quote=“ChickieD, post:50, topic:54622”]
the dad I was babysitting for took me home via an extra tour of the neighborhood
[/quote]As a dad I have nightmares of being accused by this.

I don’t drive nobody home.

Ironic?

I read that as an excuse, as in ‘she is not fully reponsible for what she does while blackout drunk’.

which is an acceptable status quo, worth defending, for some. Just not for me.

I meant it as more “I got drunk as hell and typically don’t do this sort of thing” instead of “they roofied me!”

I knew about hot yoga.

It was the concept of drunk hot yoga that got me excited. And that was before I read that there may be a happy ending involved.

Well, that’s a thing. If one has sex with an under-age adolescent, then one has committed rape. If one has sex with an adult woman who is black-out drunk, then one has committed rape. What is it if an adolescent has sex with a black-out drunk? Are they both guilty, guilty, guilty? Is one more guilty than the other, and therefore the other gets off scot-free? In a society that often tries those far younger than 15 as adults for (arbitrarily-defined) “serious” crimes, is sexing a drunk woman not serious enough?

6 Likes

That’s exactly why I was asking. I’m trying to understand and get my language straight so I don’t screw up. Like I apparently did already.

I used cis to try and identify those who identified as male to specifically exclude those born male identifying as female, not to exclude those born female identifying as male.

The source of my confusion was the use of the word ‘boy’ which I conflated to mean ‘male’ (likely due to me only dealing with adult trans folks, since my understanding of man/male and woman/female as identifies/born was already fairly concretely correct).

Which, in retrospect, is now obviously and completely wrong.

And by presenting it like I did, as though I had proper understanding, I may be misleading others. I’ll go and edit that sucker.

2 Likes

Great! Now we can get back to the hot-button topic of whether all 15-year-old-hetero boys like boobs.

Also: Zumba, that’s a funny word.

1 Like

Hot Buttons?

Are you checking Urban Dictionary again?

1 Like

I’ve no experience with the stuff myself, but it does seem to be a feature of rohypnol that one can’t necessarily tell the difference between a really bad alcohol hangover and a rohypnol one.

She says she doesn’t remember anything about the incidents in question, not even the one the morning-after when the alleged sex act occurred, and has ascribed it to a black-out binge, but she also says that she doesn’t usually do that kind of thing. Yeah, I know, that’s what they all say, but I think it’s something worth considering in this case.

Also, you know, Fox News. I don’t trust them to have not left something out or not distorted the facts just to make the story juicier.