Drunk Hot Yoga teacher “exposed newly augmented breasts” to teen boys at bar mitzvah

You know, if guests are getting “black out drunk” at your son’s bar mitzvah, then maybe there’s too much alcohol at an event with preteen and young teen kids? Also, if a gaggle of kids follows a “black out drunk” adult woman into a bedroom, after she’s already walked the new dogs in public twice, then maybe somebody should have investigated? Maybe somebody should have put her in a cab the first time? I’m absolutely sure there’s more to this story than we’re getting from the local Fox affiliate, but damn, there seems like enough blame to go around here.

8 Likes

This also means a decision to take claims of blacking out at face value, when it might be used to try mitigating decisions which were later regretted. I don’t envy whoever needs to get accurate accounts from a party of drunk people where some emotionally hotbutton impropriety was said to transpire.

We could commission a study, I suppose… unless showing 15-year-olds breasts that they may or may not like is something we wouldn’t be able to get past the Ethics Committee.

2 Likes

Which is basically the job of every college dorm Residence Advisor ever come Sunday morning. I attended college in the 1980s so it might be different now.

1 Like

For the last several years of my professional practice I have been one of a few therapist licensed to provide SO treatment for offenders after they are released from prison both Federal and State. I have a federal BOP contract to help insure that Registered sex offenders pose minimal threat of reoffending. For those who do pose a threat the BOP has a 24/7 open door policy. The term sex act varies as wildly as the agenda of certain prosecutors on a state level however. You owe me an apology for your load of horseshit comment. I know far more about this miserable topic than you can imagine. I see teenage boys ruined for life because of the damning label of sex offender, a few cases just as stupid as a kid urinating in public even though he drunkenly thought he was unseen.
I have great need to see the “Legal Definition” examined. You if you care at all for the society you live in might do well to become better informed.

18 Likes

That’s what my initial “shock and outrage” was about. How is there a culture where people seeing or showing breasts has anything to do with ethics? I can almost understand how activity with the genitals might qualify, but not the rest of the body.

In fact in many states they do end up on the same registry. You would do well to educate yourself about just how easily someone can be labeled as a sex offender. Given that you don’t know much about the topic perhaps silence might be more appropriate.

4 Likes

Yeah, times they are a changin’.

If it helps, I haven’t had real good success at trying to accuse men of stuff even when there were actual grounds, so you’re probably safe there.

2 Likes

… in a shocking turn of events, I have to admit that I didn’t read the article. There seems to have been more going on than showing breasts to teenagers.

3 Likes

Jason Mewes is a hot yogo instructor? :confused:

Maybe next time try that part before the commenting?

Irrelevant. We like our sitters a lot and I don’t even want the hint of impropriety.

1 Like

the what before the commenting now?

Fortunately, I’m not in a position to make any definitive judgement about the truth of the situation, so I can in good conscience not take any of the claims at face value, and all of them, simultaneously, including what are supposedly the true facts given by the Fox News affiliate.

I know you like to take a faux-naive stance in order to guide the rest of us to enlightenment, but in this case that seems to have led you to emitting the most banal support of the status quo. People who say they blacked-out should of course be doubted, you seem to say, and women accused of sex-crimes doubly so.

I don’t know if the yoga instructor is lying, but I also don’t know if she isn’t. And in those circumstances it behooves us to consider alternative scenarios as they pertain to the case in point, not just the relative morality of the version of the case we have been presented with.

2 Likes

The reading of the article. It’s FUNdamental!

well, I still stand to my original comment as referring to the BB headline. Also, I will shut up now.

1 Like

L’chaim!

1 Like

Thank you for correctly identifying Alcohol as a drug.

1 Like

I thought commenting without reading the article was a BoingBoing tradition?

4 Likes

So do different sects of Jews get to use different mittens?