Drunk mountain gorilla punches photographer, who got the shot

[Permalink]

3 Likes

He’s lucky it didn’t bite his face off.

2 Likes

Of course the gorilla was angry, he seems to have lost his bowtie.

4 Likes

The eyes and setting of the mouth looks like the average surly drunk gorilla you might meet in the pub…

7 Likes

Wild? He was absolutely livid.

9 Likes

That’s why they had to shut down Showbiz Pizza.

4 Likes

Basically, their bodies make their own beer.

Dear God. It’s like some kind of Super-Drunk!

2 Likes

I think that’s more of a chimp move. Though I wouldn’t want to be attacked by a gorilla either.

2 Likes

Duh, no, that’s why it’s called gorilla warfare and gorilla tactics. Sheesh!

5 Likes

I kidnapped a 250kg+ silverback gorilla once. Shot it with a blowdart full of phencyclidine in Buffalo, NY, loaded it on a 10 seat Cessna and brought it to Brookfield, Illinois. This was about 1979. God that was a fun day.

5 Likes

The gorilla obviously wasn’t wearing the anti-paparazzi jacket. But hey, he can wear whatever he wants!

4 Likes

I used to think that news reports about guerrilla fighters were actually gorillas warring against humans…

4 Likes

A gorilla-napping from an fist-shaking Ralph Wilson so you could release it to its natural habitat (The LaGrange woods)?

1 Like

Did the gorilla actually punch the dude? The article writer seems to think so, but the photographer is talking like it just body-checked him and pushed him down. He says the gorilla “pushed me out the way with his left hand”–the shot shows the right hand cocked back, perhaps just swinging along rather than winding up a punch.

1 Like

He was just trying to grab the camera for a selfie

3 Likes

Nowhere in the linked piece does it say he was punched other than the Caters SENSATIONALIST headline. The BB picture shows him “winding up” with his right hand, but another picture in the link shows contact being made with the left (and the camera pushing his glasses into his forehead to give him that scar):

5 Likes

It’s a good thing the guy wasn’t wearing Google Glass. Gorillas hate that shit.

6 Likes

I see they got the whole megillah on camera.

4 Likes

Go home gorilla, you’re drunk.

3 Likes

A gorilla walks into a bar and says, “A scotch on the rocks, please.” The gorilla hands the bartender a $10 bill.

The bartender thinks to himself, “This gorilla doesn’t know the prices of drinks,” and gives him 15 cents change.

The bartender says, “You know, we don’t get too many gorillas in here.”

The gorilla replies, “Well, at $9.85 a drink, I ain’t coming back, either.”

12 Likes