Drunk tourists face 10 years for spray painting ancient wall in Thailand

They should goldfinger them.

SNL really needs to hire some Asian actors-- that was painful.

Rob Schneider is half-Filipino, so it’s theoretically forgivable, but probably not… much like everything else Rob Schneider has done.

5 Likes

I guess that’s how sort of how Banksy got his/her/their start.

American here, who has traveled with other Americans.

They are loud assholes.

Australians too (from what I have seen) but their superiority complex is a bit less.

4 Likes

I… don’t get why everyone wants to be the grumpcatgood JPEG. It’s just a meme folks, not a personality trait we should strive to internalize. It’s simultaneously possible to think they were buttheads, hope they’re punished, hope this deters other buttheads, and believe it can be done with less than 10 years in a Thai prison. Not at all incidental aside: Thai prisons are fucking human rights violators. But I guess we can overlook that because these people made tourists look bad?

6 Likes

I am strangely ok with this

10 years is too much!? They’re lucky they didn’t get more. They’re in Thailand, a very strict place (legally speaking).

I get behind those ten years VERY much. That’s two less morons doing stupid stuff - Screw these people.

Considering that neither are American, i’m going to dismiss the opinion of someone who didn’t RTFA. Fair? Fair.

10 Likes

/s

Jesus Fucking Christ…

5 Likes

Well, given that rather obvious error, if Ali_Maddox thinks making Americans look dumb is worth 10 years in prison then Ali_Maddox is gonna have to turn themselves in and do some serious time for it (if Ali_Maddox is American, of course)

2 Likes

I am happy about the sentence. I was born in Canada and 10 years without these morons is a god-send to me an most other Canadians. Good Bye for a long time!

1 Like

Kind of like when you’re black in Alabama. There’s one justice system for whitey and something else entirely for blacks.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa

6 Likes

Locals leaving the can as a prank to see which tourists are dumb enough to use it? That’s hardcore!

2 Likes

Ouch. The property I chose to vandalize when I was 14-ish came a LOT cheaper.

Nah, I think the laws in Thailand are the same for tourists and citizens, the point is you are likely to not know the law as well as a native, so be extra careful.

1 Like

It’s just a prank bro!

King street west just east of Atlantic ave. The road underpass was built 1888 due to too many horse and wagon collisions with locomotives. That bridge span is pure lime stone , don’t see sort of construction any more. Concrete engineered to fail is the way to go these days.